What's new

Newbie from Florida

After about 2 and half weeks things are still going well. My shaves are getting consistently better with more practice. My method has settled into shower, preshave oil, lather, one pass WTG, re lather, one pass XTG, cold water rinse, witch hazel, aftershave. That gives me a real close shave, not BBS, but almost. Last Friday I added a ATG pass and got my first BBS result. I typically don’t shave on the weekend and was surprised how long it took for visible growth to reappear. I also have noticed that my skin looks 10X better than before, not sure how to discribe it as I really did not have bad skin before but it just looks younger.

Today I introduced my first variable into the process. I had been using some Art of Shaving Saddlewood soap but today I tried some Lucky Tiger Shaving Cream. I really liked it a lot and think it gave me a better result. I enjoyed the change and can see why people have acquired a lot of different options. Thanks for all the help. The forum has been a great source of info and inspiration.

Last edited:
After about 2 and half weeks things are still going well. My shaves are getting consistently better with more practice. My method has settled into shower, preshave oil, lather, one pass WTG, re lather, one pass XTG, cold water rinse, witch hazel, aftershave. That gives me a real close shave, not BBS, but almost. Last Friday I added a ATG pass and got my first BBS result. I typically don’t shave on the weekend and was surprised how long it took for visible growth to reappear. I also have noticed that my skin looks 10X better than before, not sure how to discribe it as I really did not have bad skin before but it just looks younger.

Today I introduced my first variable into the process. I had been using some Art of Shaving Saddlewood soap but today I tried some Lucky Tiger Shaving Cream. I really liked it a lot and think it gave me a better result. I enjoyed the change and can see why people have acquired a lot of different options. Thanks for all the help. The forum has been a great source of info and inspiration.

Good stuff! Alot of us report the same, the skin tends to tighten up and look much better. Glad you are having the same results! I also read many men abandon the search for BBS for a DFS quoting "close and comfortable" is more important = I agree. I love AOS Sandalwood, and change is great. Have a feeling when you go back to it after a while you'll think your results got even better with it too!

So...are you saying your SAD is starting to set in? Get'er done...

Welcome. Where are you located in the sunshine state?

Ocala

I also read many men abandon the search for BBS for a DFS quoting "close and comfortable" is more important = I agree.

That is what I noticed, my skin was not as "comfortable" with BBS.

So...are you saying your SAD is starting to set in? Get'er done...

I could not find SAD in the wiki, what does that mean?

Sounds like your making good progress. I'm in agreement with enjoying the DFS instead of seeking the BBS for now. I'm a beginner also and I've found I can get a pretty good shave in two passes for work. When I have time I do a 3 pass with 1 WTG and 2 XTG in opposite directions and it turns out nicely.

Top Bottom