What's new

Coconut oil?

Would an organic extra virgin coconut oil be alright to use as a pre-shave oil, or even an aftershave moisturizer?

I use it in conjunction with Witch Hazel as part of my normal after shave routine.

I use just a wee bit of it, rubbing it into the skin --and I find it to be quite good for
the skin. It provides me with a fine degree of moisturizing. I have normal-to-dry skin.

I have never tried it as a pre-shave, but then I avoid pre-shaves to begin with.

I used to use a lot of coconut oil in cooking too. I am very fond of the stuff. :)

I should specify the order:

1st: Witch Hazel applied liberally

2nd: small amount of Coconut Oil rubbed into freshly shaven face.

Thanks, rebos! I'm gonna have to try that. I also cook with it pretty often (at least half of the stuff I cook that can be cooked at low temp). Honestly, even eating it straight up isn't too bad, either. I have had wonderful results on my skin elsewhere (from drying due to climate) so I was curious about using it for shaving.

i used the MdC coconut AS oil today, it's lemon scented.

finished an MdC face lather shave, then cold rinse, GFT Lime Skin food on wet face, once dry, i applied a small amount of the MdC Coconut oil and love it.

it works every time. i find it's a little greasy/oily going one, but absorbs quickly and leaves my face feeling great.

once my MdC oil runs out, i'll be trying a DIY version

A lot of the pre-shave products have coconut oil in them (RazoRock does for sure....I own and use it daily and love it). How it would work on it's own...I don't know. Worth a try if you're really interested.

Top Bottom