What's new

Klar Seifen in the Tin?

I saw this on RoyalShave and was wondering how the scent and performance are? I'm praticularly interested in the sandalwood scent. Any input would be appreciated!

Attachments

• $HR_422-016_klar_rasierseife_2.jpg
    $HR_422-016_klar_rasierseife_2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 516
I have the "Sport" scent and it is an excellent performer. I prefer subtle mild scents and this one was very nice. I use fairly large brushes, so would have preferred that the tin had a larger diameter than its 2.5". But, that said it works fine. It's easy to use and as with many of the under-appreciated German soaps, it makes a superb lather.

Last edited:
I have the "Sport" scent and it is an excellent performer. I prefer subtle mild scents and this one was very nice. I use fairly large brushes, so would have preferred that the tin had a larger diameter than its 2.5". But, that said it works fine. It's easy to use and as with many of the under-appreciated German soaps, it makes a suburb lather.
Is the tin really only 2.5"!? Sounds tiny! Also, how is suburban lather? :biggrin1:

I had the opportunity to smell all 4 scents from the tin (there's a womens soap ) and chose the classic which is subtle , clean and fresh .
Klar's calls it a masculine spicy leather-note .
I'm a fan of sandalwood in general but did not care for this one which is also subtle .
I found the scent of the ginger and lotus womens soap intriguing .
I have sensitive skin and used the Klar's without any problems .
Lathers well , good cushion and glide , leaves skin moisturized and clean , and without any sticky film .
I think the tiny tin was made for travelling , but works well with my Thater 4125/0 .
Their other soap products are excellent as well .
http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/SHAVE/
http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/CLASSICS/
http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/THERAPEUTIC-SOAPS/

Last edited:
I use the Klassic & Ginger/Lotus Soaps, they both lather easily and are slick + moisturizing. The Klassic has a Soapy/Spice scent, clean & refreshing, Ginger/Lotus is pretty much what you get, a nice change from most other scented Soaps.

The tins are a bit small and it's more difficult to load a brush with a knot bigger than 24mm or one with a > 3"bloom across the top of the loft, I usually Face Lather and use brushes with a 20-23 mm knot without difficulty. One of three soaps I keep in rotation, BTW, at 110 grams this puck will last awhile, don't let the small size fool you.

All the scents are subtle , more so after use .
The Classic scent is a bit like a European version of Barbasol Original .
The Sport scent is similar to Classic but milder .
In general I like sandalwoods but didn't care for the scent of this one at first ; but I sampled it again from the tin and it's a pleasant very subtle resinous sandalwood .
The Lotus and Ginger is marketed as a woman's soap and the scent is very flowery .
It is the most pronounced scent of the group and smells like , uh , Lotus and Ginger . It's beautiful and exotic .
I don't think you buy the Klar's shaving soaps for the scent but rather for the performance .

Last edited:
...this morning Klar Klassik .
I really noticed the leather note ; and yes , it's spicy and masculine !
doesn't linger much past the shave , if at all .
the only question regarding Klar shaving soap should be which scent .
I'm seriously considering buying all of the others ; Sport , Sandalwood , Lotus and Ginger .

From what I have read on some reviews, the soap is not great for dry skin as it has little or no moisturizing properties. Can someone comment on that?

From what I have read on some reviews, the soap is not great for dry skin as it has little or no moisturizing properties. Can someone comment on that?

I have dry skin and have not problem using either Klassic or Lotus/Ginger, and it leaves my face smooth and moisturized. If you're worried about dryness, I'd recommend a moisturizing Balm for your Post Shave application.

I have the "Sport" scent and it is an excellent performer. I prefer subtle mild scents and this one was very nice. I use fairly large brushes, so would have preferred that the tin had a larger diameter than its 2.5". But, that said it works fine. It's easy to use and as with many of the under-appreciated German soaps, it makes a superb lather.

The puck size would be my only complaint too, but I put it in a bigger container and once I got it to stop sliding around, I was able to get some great lather from it. To me it is a lot like Tabac, but a little better scent.

I have dry skin and have not problem using either Klassic or Lotus/Ginger, and it leaves my face smooth and moisturized. If you're worried about dryness, I'd recommend a moisturizing Balm for your Post Shave application.

How is the scent of the Lotus/Ginger? I know they market that one for women, that itself doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I would have to look a little harder into it if they changed the ingredients to make the "Women's Version." Do the ingredients differ?

I am a fan of Ginger so if the performance is the same with a good scent than this will get some consideration.

To me it is a lot like Tabac, but a little better scent.
Tabac and Klar are both owned by the same parent company , MÄURER & WIRTZ GmbH & Co. KG

Klar's Women's Shaving Soap

The shaving soap for women who set value to a high class beauty care. The mild shaving soap not only protects skin, but also infatuates with its gentle fragrance of ginger and lotus. A foaming wellness experience.

Ingredients (INCI):
Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Aqua, Cocoamidpropyl, Betaine, Soyamide DEA, Parfum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Beta-Alanine Diaetic Acid, Trisodium Salt, Sodium Hydroxyde, Potassium Hydroxyde, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional (Lilial), Alpha-Methyl Ione, Hexyl Cinnamal, CI 77891

http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/SHAVE/Klar-s-Women-s-Shaving-Soap.html

Klar's Shaving Soap Classic

Klar’s Shaving Soap Classic is made from selected plant oils. The fragrance is a masculine spicy leather-note. This long lasting soap produces a tremendously creamy foam, leaving skin extra-smooth.

Ingredients (INCI):
Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Aqua, Cocoamidpropyl, Betaine, Soyamide DEA, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Beta-Alanine Diaecetic Acid, Trisodium Salt, Sodium Hydroxyde, Potassium Hydroxyde, Linalool, Limonen, Benylbenzoate, Coumarin, CI 77891

Last edited:
I am a fan of Ginger so if the performance is the same with a good scent than this will get some consideration.

... from memory it's more flower than spice ; it's beautiful ; maybe the best of the bunch .
I think I may change my user name to Kid Klar !

Klar Klassik is my #1 soap, whereas I find the scent of Tabac mildly repulsive. Everyones sense of smell is different though, so just my 2 cents

I would say they are more like cousins to my nose. I do prefer the scent of Seifen over Tabac, but I don't find Tabac to be bad either.

Top Bottom