Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klar Seifen in the Tin?

Images

Default Klar Seifen in the Tin?

I saw this on RoyalShave and was wondering how the scent and performance are? I'm praticularly interested in the sandalwood scent. Any input would be appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HR_422-016_klar_rasierseife_2.jpg  
    Member of the 2014 Shave Purchase Sabbatical

Images

I have the "Sport" scent and it is an excellent performer. I prefer subtle mild scents and this one was very nice. I use fairly large brushes, so would have preferred that the tin had a larger diameter than its 2.5". But, that said it works fine. It's easy to use and as with many of the under-appreciated German soaps, it makes a superb lather.
    Last edited by Face&Head; 07-04-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: drunken typo
    "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." Mark Twain

Images

I own the Klassik scent and it is one of my top performing soaps. Here is the lather I get from it.

-Chris-
    "Fear is the mindkiller"

Quote Originally Posted by Face&Head View Post
    I have the "Sport" scent and it is an excellent performer. I prefer subtle mild scents and this one was very nice. I use fairly large brushes, so would have preferred that the tin had a larger diameter than its 2.5". But, that said it works fine. It's easy to use and as with many of the under-appreciated German soaps, it makes a suburb lather.
    Is the tin really only 2.5"!? Sounds tiny! Also, how is suburban lather?

I had the opportunity to smell all 4 scents from the tin (there's a womens soap ) and chose the classic which is subtle , clean and fresh .
    Klar's calls it a masculine spicy leather-note .
    I'm a fan of sandalwood in general but did not care for this one which is also subtle .
    I found the scent of the ginger and lotus womens soap intriguing .
    I have sensitive skin and used the Klar's without any problems .
    Lathers well , good cushion and glide , leaves skin moisturized and clean , and without any sticky film .
    I think the tiny tin was made for travelling , but works well with my Thater 4125/0 .
    Their other soap products are excellent as well .
    http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/SHAVE/
    http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/CLASSICS/
    http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRO...APEUTIC-SOAPS/
    Last edited by alohakid; 07-04-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Unkas View Post
    Also, how is suburban lather?
    Fixed with an explanation.
    "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." Mark Twain

Images

I use the Klassic & Ginger/Lotus Soaps, they both lather easily and are slick + moisturizing. The Klassic has a Soapy/Spice scent, clean & refreshing, Ginger/Lotus is pretty much what you get, a nice change from most other scented Soaps.

The tins are a bit small and it's more difficult to load a brush with a knot bigger than 24mm or one with a > 3"bloom across the top of the loft, I usually Face Lather and use brushes with a 20-23 mm knot without difficulty. One of three soaps I keep in rotation, BTW, at 110 grams this puck will last awhile, don't let the small size fool you.
    Tabacaholic since 1976

Thater 4125/0 on Klar Seifen Klassic Tin on Screw Top Tin with Cover, 3.25"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1642.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	255906

Can someone describe the scents?

All the scents are subtle , more so after use .
    The Classic scent is a bit like a European version of Barbasol Original .
    The Sport scent is similar to Classic but milder .
    In general I like sandalwoods but didn't care for the scent of this one at first ; but I sampled it again from the tin and it's a pleasant very subtle resinous sandalwood .
    The Lotus and Ginger is marketed as a woman's soap and the scent is very flowery .
    It is the most pronounced scent of the group and smells like , uh , Lotus and Ginger . It's beautiful and exotic .
    I don't think you buy the Klar's shaving soaps for the scent but rather for the performance .
    Last edited by alohakid; 07-07-2012 at 09:45 AM.

...this morning Klar Klassik .
    I really noticed the leather note ; and yes , it's spicy and masculine !
    doesn't linger much past the shave , if at all .
    the only question regarding Klar shaving soap should be which scent .
    I'm seriously considering buying all of the others ; Sport , Sandalwood , Lotus and Ginger .

From what I have read on some reviews, the soap is not great for dry skin as it has little or no moisturizing properties. Can someone comment on that?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ayodh View Post
    From what I have read on some reviews, the soap is not great for dry skin as it has little or no moisturizing properties. Can someone comment on that?
    I have dry skin and have not problem using either Klassic or Lotus/Ginger, and it leaves my face smooth and moisturized. If you're worried about dryness, I'd recommend a moisturizing Balm for your Post Shave application.
    Tabacaholic since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Face&Head View Post
    I have the "Sport" scent and it is an excellent performer. I prefer subtle mild scents and this one was very nice. I use fairly large brushes, so would have preferred that the tin had a larger diameter than its 2.5". But, that said it works fine. It's easy to use and as with many of the under-appreciated German soaps, it makes a superb lather.
    The puck size would be my only complaint too, but I put it in a bigger container and once I got it to stop sliding around, I was able to get some great lather from it. To me it is a lot like Tabac, but a little better scent.
    Cheers, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by mftoms59 View Post
    I have dry skin and have not problem using either Klassic or Lotus/Ginger, and it leaves my face smooth and moisturized. If you're worried about dryness, I'd recommend a moisturizing Balm for your Post Shave application.
    How is the scent of the Lotus/Ginger? I know they market that one for women, that itself doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I would have to look a little harder into it if they changed the ingredients to make the "Women's Version." Do the ingredients differ?

I am a fan of Ginger so if the performance is the same with a good scent than this will get some consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese2323 View Post
    To me it is a lot like Tabac, but a little better scent.
    Tabac and Klar are both owned by the same parent company , MÄURER & WIRTZ GmbH & Co. KG

Klar's Women's Shaving Soap

The shaving soap for women who set value to a high class beauty care. The mild shaving soap not only protects skin, but also infatuates with its gentle fragrance of ginger and lotus. A foaming wellness experience.

Ingredients (INCI):
    Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Aqua, Cocoamidpropyl, Betaine, Soyamide DEA, Parfum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Beta-Alanine Diaetic Acid, Trisodium Salt, Sodium Hydroxyde, Potassium Hydroxyde, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional (Lilial), Alpha-Methyl Ione, Hexyl Cinnamal, CI 77891

http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRO...ving-Soap.html

Klar's Shaving Soap Classic

Klar’s Shaving Soap Classic is made from selected plant oils. The fragrance is a masculine spicy leather-note. This long lasting soap produces a tremendously creamy foam, leaving skin extra-smooth.

Ingredients (INCI):
    Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Aqua, Cocoamidpropyl, Betaine, Soyamide DEA, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Beta-Alanine Diaecetic Acid, Trisodium Salt, Sodium Hydroxyde, Potassium Hydroxyde, Linalool, Limonen, Benylbenzoate, Coumarin, CI 77891

Last edited by alohakid; 07-16-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alohakid View Post
    Tabac and Klar are both owned by the same parent company , MÄURER & WIRTZ GmbH & Co. KG
    I was not aware of that, makes sense why I find them similar.
    Cheers, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by KneeChee View Post
    I am a fan of Ginger so if the performance is the same with a good scent than this will get some consideration.
    ... from memory it's more flower than spice ; it's beautiful ; maybe the best of the bunch .
    I think I may change my user name to Kid Klar !

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese2323 View Post
    To me it is a lot like Tabac, but a little better scent.
    Klar Klassik is my #1 soap, whereas I find the scent of Tabac mildly repulsive. Everyones sense of smell is different though, so just my 2 cents
    -Nick

STEWARD TO THE SHAVING SOAP FORUM
    Have a question? We are here to help

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGuy View Post
    Klar Klassik is my #1 soap, whereas I find the scent of Tabac mildly repulsive. Everyones sense of smell is different though, so just my 2 cents
    I would say they are more like cousins to my nose. I do prefer the scent of Seifen over Tabac, but I don't find Tabac to be bad either.
    Cheers, Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast