What's new

Klar Seifen in the Tin?

Tabac and Klar are both owned by the same parent company , MÄURER & WIRTZ GmbH & Co. KG

Klar's Women's Shaving Soap

The shaving soap for women who set value to a high class beauty care. The mild shaving soap not only protects skin, but also infatuates with its gentle fragrance of ginger and lotus. A foaming wellness experience.

Ingredients (INCI):
Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Aqua, Cocoamidpropyl, Betaine, Soyamide DEA, Parfum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Beta-Alanine Diaetic Acid, Trisodium Salt, Sodium Hydroxyde, Potassium Hydroxyde, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional (Lilial), Alpha-Methyl Ione, Hexyl Cinnamal, CI 77891

http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/SHAVE/Klar-s-Women-s-Shaving-Soap.html

Klar's Shaving Soap Classic

Klar’s Shaving Soap Classic is made from selected plant oils. The fragrance is a masculine spicy leather-note. This long lasting soap produces a tremendously creamy foam, leaving skin extra-smooth.

Ingredients (INCI):
Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Aqua, Cocoamidpropyl, Betaine, Soyamide DEA, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Beta-Alanine Diaecetic Acid, Trisodium Salt, Sodium Hydroxyde, Potassium Hydroxyde, Linalool, Limonen, Benylbenzoate, Coumarin, CI 77891

Thank you. That helps greatly. It looks like, other than a little added glycerin, the only difference is in the scenting ingredients?

That is to be expected. To add to the confusion royalshave says something about olive oil in the product description.

How is the scent of the Lotus/Ginger? I know they market that one for women, that itself doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I would have to look a little harder into it if they changed the ingredients to make the "Women's Version." Do the ingredients differ?

I am a fan of Ginger so if the performance is the same with a good scent than this will get some consideration.

... from memory it's more flower than spice ; it's beautiful ; maybe the best of the bunch .
I think I may change my user name to Kid Klar !

Yes, alohakid is correct, it's a good Floral Scent that reminds me of Honeysuckle, with Ginger lurking in the background.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. But I randomly picked this up upon my first visit to Pasteur's based solely on my girlfriend's nose and I love the performance. I've been using various TOBS creams since starting with a brush in April. Its lather is noticeably more slick than those creams and overall just more dense. Maybe I'm a soap guy or maybe this soap is just a very good one! And for $32 I'd expect nothing less.

Apparently I lucked out with my first soap experience!

Last edited:
I have Klar Seifen Sport, my only complaint is the small size. I love the scent and the lather. In my opinion the performance is the same as Tabac but the scent is better, and the scent is not subtle at all. It is also the only soap that I can smell several hours after shaving.

I have Klar Seifen Sport, my only complaint is the small size. I love the scent and the lather. In my opinion the performance is the same as Tabac but the scent is better, and the scent is not subtle at all. It is also the only soap that I can smell several hours after shaving.

Exactly!

The Sport, Classic and Sandalwood come in the exact same tin!? Only the women's soap is different? I don't even know which one I have...I'm guessing Classic because the Sport sounds much more fragrant and lasting than what I'm experiencing.

Tabac and Klar are both owned by the same parent company , MÄURER & WIRTZ GmbH & Co. KG

Are you sure you're not confusing it with 4711?

From http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/OUR-FAMILY-BUSINESS/HISTORY/ :

"In 2006 – 166 years after the launch of the business – Niels Klar took over the revered company, including all of its business segments, from his uncles Klaus and Theo Klar, and is now managing the business in the fifth generation."

$2013-09-11 22.06.23.jpg

Looks like I got the sandalwood. Who would have thought to look on the bottom? :lol:

Have you got a reference for that statement? Your allegation contrasts to the picture painted by Klar on their website in th ehistory section: "In 2006 – 166 years after the launch of the business – Niels Klar took over the revered company, including all of its business segments, from his uncles Klaus and Theo Klar, and is now managing the business in the fifth generation. Niels Klar has made it his personal goal to shift the focus back to the company’s own brand and is gradually expanding the product range."

Top Bottom