What's new

Heirloom Razor Strop, Vegan Friendy Strops

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I finalized my Vegan Friendly strop designs and all are available for sale now at The Well Shaved Gentleman. We are already working with a well known online Vegan based store to offer them there as well. The usual leather components have been replaced with a 100% synthetic material with the look, feel and draw of Latigo. The leather thong normally used on our Starter has been replaced with a nylon cord and bead.

These are as handly for travel as they are in allowing non-animal product users a chance to experience straight razor shaving. Available in 2" and 3" widths and in most of our standard models....Starters, Originals and Paragons. Both cotton/canvas and real linen are available as well. Prices from $26.95 to $71.95

Thanks,
Tony

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What do you think of these in terms of longevity and need for care?

Leather lasts ages, but needs some tlc to be at its best. Are the synthetic strops maintenance free?

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Ouch,
This material was invented to avoid the need for the care leather requires and to last longer. It has some industrial applications and has held up well to testing. The specific material I am using is a thermal poly urethane with a very high abrasion resistance. Other than careless stropping/slicing it should last a very long time and require no care. It is not stretchy either, a trait that would cause some synthetics to break down over time.

The ability to roll it tightly seems to make it a consideration for travel use too even for non-Vegans, in my narrow, basic model. It has a serious amount of draw, more than my Latigo does so I tend to use a little negative pressure when stropping. Might be handy too for those used to dousing the entire bathroom in water every time they shower or shave <g>

Tony

Top Bottom