What's new

First shave with Mike's

I recently purchased Mike's barbershop for me and a bar of the lemongrass for my fiance. Mike also threw in a rose and cedar wood sample, which was very generous of him. The scent of the barbershop reminded me of a cologne at first, but when I opened the package I got more of a clean fruity smell. I really can't put my finger on it, and everyone's scent profile is very different. I very much like the scent, but it doesn't really remind me of a barbershop smell. The rose and cedar wood and the lemongrass scents are very pleasant as well.

As far as performance goes, all I can say is wow! People weren't kidding about the nourishing factor of this soap, my face feels moisturized and smooth. One way I can normally tell if a particular soap/cream is drying my face out or not is my lips. If my lips are really dry after a shave, I know the product is drying my face out a bit and I normally have to put on chapstick afterwards. Mike's really takes the cake with how much it moisturizes your face. The lather is also very slick and dense. I haven't yet tried the lemongrass or the rose, but I'll be getting to those in the next few days.

All in all Mike's makes a great soap, and I will definitely be trying out some new scents in the future.

Hi Solo: Glad that you enjoyed the soap. I am also a big fan of Mike's Natural Soaps. It is my go to soap.

WARHAWK

I too love Mike's soaps! The lemongrass is my favorite.

I actually just placed an order that included a sample of Barbershop, I'm excited to try it out and see if I enjoy it. He had included a sample of the Rose and cedarwood with my last order, and even though I'm not normally one for florals, that scent I actually really enjoyed. My girlfriend loves it too and wants me to order her some of that when she's done with her current stock of soaps.

Just had my first shave of Mike's today, the lavendin & eucalyptus. It lived up to the hype for me, quickly whipped up rich creamy lather, face felt great after the shave. My skin is really sensitive and wasn't bothered at all. Looking forward to trying other scents.

Ever since I received my Mike's soaps over a month and a half ago, they're all I've used. I actually boxed everything else up (20 +/- soaps, dozen or so creams), no point in cluttering up the cabinet with it all.

Out of the three I've tried, I've found the rose and cedar to be my favorite. I was actually a little disappointed in the barbershop scent. Didn't remind me of a barbershop at all, way too sweet. I got the one with orange in it, and it smells good, but too much like candy for my tastes. My wife really liked it though.

I'll probably order more when I'm about to run out, and just get several extras this time around to mitigate the shipping (almost as bad as MdC, was over $30 to Australia).

Is anyone using these soaps with a twezzerman badger brush? If so any tip on best method will be appreciated. thanks in advance

I have just started using Mike's soap and have used a badger brush. His soaps like more water to lather than I have been used to using so try upping the water. The Tweezerman badgers don't hold as much water either so keep that in mind. The badgers will make a wonderful lather so work it, work it, work it with water. If you face lather, swirl the wet brush on the soap for 30 or 40 seconds to load it and then build on your face. Maybe add more water? Every soap is a little different and experimenting is part of the sport.

Is anyone using these soaps with a twezzerman badger brush? If so any tip on best method will be appreciated. thanks in advance

Mike's soaps are the only ones I have used, except a brief experiment with Ivory soap, which wasn't all together terrible. But Mike's is really fantastic.
Sticking with the Barbershop scent myself.
I got a couple others and will use those, but when I reorder I think I will just get a couple bars of that and perhaps that lemongrass.

Top Bottom