What's new

Happy 4th of July and Bon Voyage to Price!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Anchors Aweigh! That's a link...click it!

Well, for those of you who don't know, B&B'er Price, Steward in the Soap forum, and a Senior Chief Petty Officer in the Navy (I think, correct me if I got that wrong, Price, I'm a flyboy), is leaving his post as NCOIC of the Navy's electronics school at the Naval Training Center Great Lakes, Illinois for sunny Naval Base San Diego and a stint aboard the USS Chancellorsville (CG-62).

The Chancellorsville is a Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser, commissioned in November, 1989, and named for the Battle of Chancellorsville, a major campaign in the U.S. Civil War in 1863. The Chancellorsville (for my fellow weapons nuts) carries Tomahawk and Harpoon guided missiles, as well as a variety of surface to air missiles, anti-submarine missiles, two 5-inch MK45 gun mount, two .98 caliber chain guns, several of the venerable old "Ma Deuce" .50 cal, designed by Saint John Moses Browning, a couple of Phalanx anti-ship missile systems, and finally, a couple of triple-tube Mark 32 torpedo launchers. And if that is not enough, it also carries two Sikorsky LAMPS III Helicopters. Talk about a GUY's PLAYGROUND! :drool:

We thank you for your service, I, for one, am jealous of your next duty assignment, much more interesting than my desk-bound and road warrior gig, and I'm sure I speak for us all when I wish you and your family the very best of luck in your new home and new assignment. Be careful with your straights in rough weather (Maybe you should learn to handle a DE just in case? Time to learn??), and don't forget your pals here at B&B! We expect regular posts of pics from your travels, crappy cell phone pics are perfectly acceptable.

proxy.php

$TRB2700.jpg
$cg62_HOMECOMING.jpg
$history.jpg
$web_100624-N-3659B-wRGN_strk_grp.jpg
$SuperStock_1457-595.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I had fun doing all the links. I'm a gun collector, and my dad was in the Navy, so I've always been interested in Naval weapons. Dad administered my commissioning oath in the Air Force. My kid went Army, so I guess my grandson will be a jarhead. :lol:

Anyway, what a cool assignment?

Yay, Price! :sailor: Wait, what are all of those Navy guys going to say when they see his pretty, pretty floral soaps and other perfumey things? :001_unsur I don't think those guys are down with lilac and lily of the valley around their Tomahawks and .50 cal.

$beaten-up-animation-animated-beaten-up-smiley-emoticon-000385-large.gif

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Some more pretty photos, not necessarily of the Chancellorsville, but of other Ticonderoga Class sister ships.

proxy.php

A couple of them making a little noise!
proxy.php

High speed turn
$633230528_26d5f8229a.jpg

And a cool Youtube video slideshow of the Ticonderoga Class -- Chancellorsville at about 1:55.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBKFzeLlZhY

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Yay, Price! :sailor: Wait, what are all of those Navy guys going to say when they see his pretty, pretty floral soaps and other perfumey things? :001_unsur I don't think those guys are down with lilac and lily of the valley around their Tomahawks and .50 cal.

View attachment 255481

Introduce 'em to The Veg, Price! :lol:

nothing wrong with have a launch key..and the other guy as well onboard! :drool:

I had fun doing all the links. I'm a gun collector, and my dad was in the Navy, so I've always been interested in Naval weapons. Dad administered my commissioning oath in the Air Force. My kid went Army, so I guess my grandson will be a jarhead. :lol:

Anyway, what a cool assignment?

Hi Price: Thanks for your service and enjoy your new duty station. I am an ex-Navy brat. Dad served 24 years in US Navy. Take care.

WARHAWK

Take care Price, I hope you packed enough pipes and tobacco for the tour. You know who to call if you run out. Be safe!

Senior...take care and may you always have fair winds and following seas ;-) Enjoy San Diego! I had a friend that was onboard the Chancellorsville...he loved it.

Congrats man, you're going to love the weather in San Diego, but be on your toes for "personal security" when off base until you get a good feel for the area.
Most of SD is pretty nice, but some areas that seem okay are pretty bad for "smash and grab" and the occasional strongarm robbery.

Top Bottom