What's new

Tree stump

Nice shot Jim! Reminds me of the cabin my family had up north many years ago. Nothing but mother nature in every direction you look.

Unfortunately this photo did not capture the texture and subtlety of color as well as I would have liked.

Unfortunately this photo did not capture the texture and subtlety of color as well as I would have liked.

This is where the digital medium provides much more immediate feedback than film. Go back to the stump, and keep at it till you get what you want. Shoot a zillion frames. Bring a tripod, and try it in a variety of different lighting conditions, times of day, fill flashes, etc. Bracket like a madman, if your camera allows it, or play with the scene options if it doesn't. It's a very nice picture as is, but it really is an interesting subject to play on.

This is where the digital medium provides much more immediate feedback than film. Go back to the stump, and keep at it till you get what you want. Shoot a zillion frames. Bring a tripod, and try it in a variety of different lighting conditions, times of day, fill flashes, etc. Bracket like a madman, if your camera allows it, or play with the scene options if it doesn't. It's a very nice picture as is, but it really is an interesting subject to play on.

Unfortunately My gear was a 5 YO point and shoot. :mad:

Top Bottom