What's new

Meyer Lemon flavored vodka

I was given a bottle (750 ml) of Charbay Meyer Lemon flavored vodka recently. This is my first encounter with flavored vodka. I have consumed about 1/3 of the bottle and still do not know if I like it or not. I have mostly drunk it mixed with tonic.

Any of you tried it? What did you think?

I never quite understood the point of flavoured vodka's... If I buy a bottle of plain vodka, I can make it taste like whatever I want, but if I buy a bottle of flavoured I don't have any options.

I can see how it would be useful for a commercial bar or maybe a party when you're making a lot of the same cocktail, but for general home use I don't really get it.

I never quite understood the point of flavoured vodka's... If I buy a bottle of plain vodka, I can make it taste like whatever I want, but if I buy a bottle of flavoured I don't have any options.

I can see how it would be useful for a commercial bar or maybe a party when you're making a lot of the same cocktail, but for general home use I don't really get it.

Thanks for your reply. I don't get it either, but then I can't tell the difference between one vodka and another, except that some, taken straight, are more harsh than others. In a mixed drink they are all the same to me. I only use vodka to make Bloody Marys on New Year's Day.

I much prefer rum, gin, tequila or brown spirits because they have distinctive flavors. Of course, just as in shaving and everything else, YMMV.

Cheers.

... but then I can't tell the difference between one vodka and another, except that some, taken straight, are more harsh than others. In a mixed drink they are all the same to me. ...

This isn't anything to be embarrassed about since the hallmark of a "decent" vodka is that it doesn't really taste like anything.

Top Bottom