Thread: Meyer Lemon flavored vodka

Default Meyer Lemon flavored vodka

I was given a bottle (750 ml) of Charbay Meyer Lemon flavored vodka recently. This is my first encounter with flavored vodka. I have consumed about 1/3 of the bottle and still do not know if I like it or not. I have mostly drunk it mixed with tonic.

Any of you tried it? What did you think?
    My mileage does vary.

Nobody?
    My mileage does vary.

Images

I never quite understood the point of flavoured vodka's... If I buy a bottle of plain vodka, I can make it taste like whatever I want, but if I buy a bottle of flavoured I don't have any options.

I can see how it would be useful for a commercial bar or maybe a party when you're making a lot of the same cocktail, but for general home use I don't really get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeryu View Post
    I never quite understood the point of flavoured vodka's... If I buy a bottle of plain vodka, I can make it taste like whatever I want, but if I buy a bottle of flavoured I don't have any options.

I can see how it would be useful for a commercial bar or maybe a party when you're making a lot of the same cocktail, but for general home use I don't really get it.
    Thanks for your reply. I don't get it either, but then I can't tell the difference between one vodka and another, except that some, taken straight, are more harsh than others. In a mixed drink they are all the same to me. I only use vodka to make Bloody Marys on New Year's Day.

I much prefer rum, gin, tequila or brown spirits because they have distinctive flavors. Of course, just as in shaving and everything else, YMMV.

Cheers.
    My mileage does vary.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBard View Post
    ... but then I can't tell the difference between one vodka and another, except that some, taken straight, are more harsh than others. In a mixed drink they are all the same to me. ...
    This isn't anything to be embarrassed about since the hallmark of a "decent" vodka is that it doesn't really taste like anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeryu View Post
    This isn't anything to be embarrassed about since the hallmark of a "decent" vodka is that it doesn't really taste like anything.
    That's why I also don't get paying such high prices for "premium" vodka.
    My mileage does vary.