What's new

The most "Aristocratic","CEO", "Stuffed Shirt" scent?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gentlemen,

I would like your opinion of the the most "Regal, Aristocratic, High End, Stuffed Shirt fragrance out there. What shave cream or soap would you use and what AS and or EDT?

Blenheim, in my opinon is too girly to be "THE" arrogant scent..... too much lavender and too soft.

I think Brooks Brothers 1818, Taylor Mr. Taylors, Knize Ten, Trumpers Spanish Leather - hell, even Trumpers GFT - are quite a bit more arrogant/aristocratic.

Blenheim Bouquet smells like what a regal, aristocratic person would wear on the weekends to me. It's more relaxed, maybe it's the citrus component. That is definitely not a bad thing! I don't know what I'd consider a "power scent" though.

Likewise, I'm in the Blenheim is too relaxed for that camp. Unlike Joel, I think it is the anti-girly. But it is somehow to bright and outdoorsy to be called "regal."

My vote, on my limited experience, is solidly behind Brooks Brothers 1818. That's a courtroom fragrance for when you know you are going to crush you opponent...

-Mo

Blenheim, in my opinon is too girly to be "THE" arrogant scent..... too much lavender and too soft.

I think Brooks Brothers 1818, Taylor Mr. Taylors, Knize Ten, Trumpers Spanish Leather - hell, even Trumpers GFT - are quite a bit more arrogant/aristocratic.

Seriously? I don't get that at all. It reminds me of youth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gentlemen,

I would like your opinion of the the most "Regal, Aristocratic, High End, Stuffed Shirt fragrance out there. What shave cream or soap would you use and what AS and or EDT?

Definately Blenheim Bouquet and Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

I would like your opinion of the the most "Regal, Aristocratic, High End, Stuffed Shirt fragrance out there.

Something presumptuously-expensive -- let's say, ummm, Green Irish Tweed, by Creed. Did I mention that it must be of British or French origin/manufacture?

:wink:

Well, you know my opinion on the BB, but I do agree on the #89. That stuff just oozes blue blood arrogance....

-Mo

Yeah , BB does have that citrusy, outdoor feel. To me though it evokes more of a grouse shoot with a matched pair of Purdys. :001_cool:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Perhaps a bit of a schitzophrenic question ... "aristocratic" strikes me as a "landed gentry" thing ... fox hunts and a range rover. Blenheim Bouquet.

"CEO" sounds more "big business powerhouse" so maybe K-10.

I always took "stuffed shirt" to be an insult for a pompous *** who took himself too seriously and liked the sound of his own voice, so ... I'd have to find a cologne I didn't much like.

BB has the rep for aggression, but for "aristocratic" I love Tiffany for Men. Pure class for important business or evening use.

Floris No. 89 was what came to mind when considering something regal and aristocratic. I can envision walking into some posh private club, filled with Lords and Barons and such, and having it smell like that. Smells like old money.

Top Bottom