What's new

Streamline love affair is over.

Indigo3,

I learned that I prefer a lighter more balanced razor like the Damaskeene or the ER 1914. I had a Streamline, that I loved to look at, but found too heavy for me to really enjoy. I used the Streamline to trade for a relatively rare razor I wanted. So, I am happy I bought and used the Streamline, but also happy it is now in the hands of someone who likes to use it.

They go anywhere from as low as $70.00 (Rare price) To about $200.00 + All depends on condition and if it came with shipper box , instructions, Price Tag, ETC all those factors play a roll in price getting higher :eek:)

Yes British Made Only.
They can be had for less than that especially if you shop on UK eBay. I got both of mine for less than $20 with cases and stroller, but no strop.

Set it aside for a month or two or three. Try it again after a bit of a break and then make up your mind. I didn't think all that much of the shave mine gave me for a while, and then when I came back to it, I just loved the thing. It's been like that for me with any number of razors.

And don't forget: a razor or razor/blade combination that works great in the winter may not be quite so great in the summer.

I am a fellow dissenter.:001_tt2::001_tt2:
I find that a $2 Gem 1912 shaves rings around the over hyped,shiny monster.:thumbdown
Sold mine for a pittance and I still think the new owner paid too much.:biggrin1:

I am a fellow dissenter.:001_tt2::001_tt2:
I find that a $2 Gem 1912 shaves rings around the over hyped,shiny monster.:thumbdown
Sold mine for a pittance and I still think the new owner paid too much.:biggrin1:

Welcome brother

G bar for me and the trophy wife will remain where it belongs.:wink2:

Very interesting, my Streamline and my 1912's are my smoothest SE Razors that I have. It's all a matter of finding the correct angle and pressure (or lack thereof). Once I had practiced enough to master my MMOC, none of the SE razors have given me any problems.
Learning to use the MMOC is like learning how to drive on a non synchronized manual transmission (requiring double clutching and good timing to prevent gears mashing together). After that it is all easy (except the quirky Wilson per-selector gearbox). :biggrin1:

I've been looking all over for a Streamline for about 3 weeks now. I saw one on the B/S/T but it got snatched up with a couple of minutes.
If anyone looking to sell one, just shoot me a pm.

Like many I just couldn't believe a razor could be so pretty but now I'm going to be a small dissenting voice amongst the streamline luv in mainstream. I finally realized that as a shaver like most pretty girls her looks belie her abilities...she's actually poorly balanced, a little heavy and has a head that gives little feed back.

Sorry folks, arm candy is fun now and then but it's ultimately unsatisfying.

This has certainly been my experience as well. Glad to see others sharing their lack of love for this one. I have always put it out there that I have not been impressed with the Streamline - although it sure is perty. It really is a very heavy piece - kind of like bringing a chainsaw to a chopstick making party.

I have been told all sorts of things when I indicate that I personally find it unwieldy - that I can't find the right angle, I push too hard or not enough, I just need more experience with razors, etc, etc......but, regardless of all of it, I still don't particularly care for it. I will be keeping mine though as it is a wonderfully made razor and I can't bear to part with it.

My favorite SE so far is the Flying Wing (bullet knob GEM MicroMatic).

Maybe the one I have is just an exceptional razor but I get an extremely close comfortable shave with it every time I use it.

proxy.php

I, too, am contemplating keeping my Streamline or selling. It's gorgeous, but a little aggressive compared to 1912's, Damaskeenes, Clog-Pruf's. I think I'll put it away for a while and then give it one more shot.

Top Bottom