What's new

Flying- DE Carry on?

I just flew to Shanghai and checked my Futur in my bag. My bag was delayed by three days. I finally got it back the night before I left. I had to shave with horrendous disposables for three days. Not good stuff. Next time I am going to carry a cartridge style as a back up for sure or plan on just buying baldes at my destination in a pinch. Don't think I will check my razor and brush again.

Brad

I travel a lot for business and only use carry on bags so the DE issue plagues me. One trip I packed a blade and TSA pulled if out of my razor. Since then I never carry blades and have never had my razor examined. I do place my razor in my 3-1-1 bag just so I don't have to dig it out of my dopp kit. I usually buy blades ay my destination, that works for domestic travel, international travel has its challenges so I will pack a cartridge backup.

For me, it just isn't even worth trying. On Tues this week, I managed to save myself three hours by hopping on an earlier flight that I managed to make by all of three minutes. An extra search at the x-ray machine would have had me kicking myself in the head. Checking a bag to accommodate a razor would have really complicated changing flights at the last minute.

Air travel is a big PITA, any way you slice it. Things got a bit easier for me because I threw a few BIC metals into my Dopp bag instead of bringing my daily gear.

V

VR6ofpain

I picked up a Fusion for a trip to Spain/Italy this summer (honeymoon). Reading stuff like this convinced me a while back that it would not be worth bringing along a DE. Though I plan to look for some DE/shaving gear while out there. I figured I could always mail it back to myself or pack it in the bags I will need to check anyway.

Please don't shoot me, but when I travel, I take an electric. I like to get cleaned up on the plane after my knap.

Top Bottom