What's new

Favourite Cowboy Movie Theme Song

This will fall mostly upon us Yanks since we developed and love the genre but anyone should feel free to add their choice. Remember, some of the most famous westerns were made by Italians! Here's my choice: My Rifle, Pony, and Me featuring Dean Martin and Rick Nelson. A bit sentimental of me I admit. Rio Bravo was one of my Da's favourite westerns and this song too. Lets hear yours.

Cheers, Todd
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7IpEnsdXwFM&v=7IpEnsdXwFM&gl=SG[/video]

You know who loves Westerns? Germans! Weird, I know, but supposedly they LOVE them. There was an article about it in the New Yorker a couple of months ago.

My favorite is the music from Once Upon a Time in the West (my favorite Western).

All good choices so far! Another one I really like is El Dorado. The title song sung by George Alexander is awesome.

Cheers, Todd

+1 for "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". It was the first song I thought of when I read the title to this thread.

Although I do like "My Rifle, My Pony and Me" and I laughed at Blazing Saddles by Frankie Laine

All good choices so far! Another one I really like is El Dorado. The title song sung by George Alexander is awesome.

Cheers, Todd

Same here! Certainly my favourite of the classic American Westerns!

And from the great Ennio Morricone:

Just a stand-in, as all of his soundtracks are fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for Ennio Morricone. Duck You Sucker and The Good the Bad and the Ugly are fantastic. That wailing. Chills, my friends.

Legion

Staff member
Another vote for Ennio Morricone. Duck You Sucker and The Good the Bad and the Ugly are fantastic. That wailing. Chills, my friends.

I was going for this one.

The soundtrack to The Proposition by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis is very good.

I wish this also include TV series, because then I would say "Rawhide".

-jim
We could count "The Blues Brothers" as a western, would that work?:biggrin1:

I have to second "My Rifle, My Pony and Me", love that part of the movie.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Same here! Certainly my favourite of the classic American Westerns!

And from the great Ennio Morricone:

Just a stand-in, as all of his soundtracks are fantastic!
Thanks, I forgot his name but know his work

I wish this also include TV series, because then I would say "Rawhide".

-jim

Go ahead Jim. Some of the old tele series actually had fantastic themes. Rawhide would be right up there. How about the Rifleman theme? Or maybe even Paladin.

Rollin' rollin' rollin', keep those dogies rollin rawhide!

Cheers, Todd

Top Bottom