What's new

It Costs a Lot of Money to Save Money

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Been reading and learning and decided to join.
Not much of a talker.
I have learned much from all of you.
Been DE shaving all year.
Really enjoy it but it sure does cost a bunch to save money.
Can't just use 1 soap, brush, or razor.

Thank you,
martym

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Welcome! Glad you decided to join our community!

If you spread out all your expenditures over your projected life expectancy, and factor in inflation, Gillette raising prices when they go to 13 bladed cartridges, and the shavpocalypse, you will at least break even.

Welcome to B&B martym!

I used just one soap, one brush and one razor today. It's easy.

But I know exactly what you mean.

Glad to have you with us! If you're for us, it doesnt matter how much you talk or dont talk, you're amongst friends!

Welcome to B&B.

Actually, I did quite well until I joined B+B. I had one brush I bought when a store in the WTC went out of business in the 60's and two other brushes my kids gave me at least 30 years ago. I used the same razors I bought years ago: a Knack, a FB, and Slim. I used one soap and two creams - neither of which are around today. My blades were the original stainless steel Wilkinson blades. And then I joined B&B. $Brushes latest.jpg$DE razors.jpgView attachment 255060$SE razors in rotation.jpg

Been reading and learning and decided to join.
Not much of a talker.
I have learned much from all of you.
Been DE shaving all year.
Really enjoy it but it sure does cost a bunch to save money.
Can't just use 1 soap, brush, or razor.

Thank you,
martym

Welcome aboard.
You can just one soap(or cream),brush and razor but where's the fun in that,perish the thought.:scared:

Saving money is our hook , just as scientologists have their personality tests...

Welcome to the cult, my friend
:badger:

I try to keep it simple. 1 brush-badger, 1 hello kitty lather mug (my kid gave it to me), 2 shaving options- razorock soap or proraso cream. witch hazel (antiseptic). great moisturizer (i use jack black). razor- used merkur from my brother, blades (crystals and derbys- bought overseas and dirt cheap).

I personally can't understand why anyone would need more that one of any of these things.

Much of the shaving gear you can get is vintage or antiques. Many people enjoy hunting these things down and restoring them. It's a hobby like any other.

But yes - at the end of the day most people have a blade they like the most, a brush they like the most, a razor they like the most, and a soap/cream they like the most. That is what they end up using when they actually need to get to shavin'

Top Bottom