What's new

Lands End No Iron Pinpoint Button Down Shirts

Anyone own these? Heard good things online, and in a fit of rage due to ironing my own shirts daily for year, I ordered 2 to try.

Any comments from the gents here? I'm hoping they're somewhat soft and not scratchy/severely stiff on the body. The reviews seemed to be favorable, so they must be doing something right?

Yes, I have a couple. They fit well, and are not severely stiff. They feel only slightly less soft than the "regular" must-iron shirts I have; and they certainly look nicer after laundering because I don't iron. On another forum I have been reading bad things about formaldahyde (sp?) laden, stiff, non-environmentally friendly, no-iron shirts, and wondering where they came from! I have no problems with Lands End. Oh, and with Lands End if you are not happy, they will take them back.

I wear them every day. We get our logo shirts from Lands End. They wear great but I find they need a light iron.

I usually wear them 2-3 days out of the week. I prefer my non-iron shirts from CT but when Lands end runs their bigger sales you can pick up their shirts for $25. That's simply too cheap for me not to use them as my everday work shirt

I agree they need a minor ironing still, but it will be MUCH different than the typical shirt

They are the worlds greatest shirts IMHO. The one I'm wearing now I've worn at least once a week for the past 6 years and it still looks new! Got another one just like it and several that are more recent that that.

I have them laundered and pressed about every 2-3 months or so.....get about 5-6 wearings out of each and hang 'em up in between...always look pressed.

The other thing I like about Land's end is that they carry them in "Tailored fit" so there is no billowing of extra cloth that is not needed (at least for me). They also craft the shirts so that when you raise your arms the shirt tails don't pull out of your slacks. Genius!

Much like good craftmanship like the Gillette Super Speed, Land's End shirts (and clothes) are built to last for years and years.

Anyone own these? Heard good things online, and in a fit of rage due to ironing my own shirts daily for year, I ordered 2 to try.

Any comments from the gents here? I'm hoping they're somewhat soft and not scratchy/severely stiff on the body. The reviews seemed to be favorable, so they must be doing something right?

I've been wearing Lands End shirts for 25 years. They are generally good quality and last and last. Recently, however, the quality seems to be slipping on some items.

I used to wear their khakis exclusively, but the last pair I bought was junk. I'm about to send two Blue No-Iron Pinpoints back because they fell apart in the wash after less than a year. It's very unusual for LE products. I have about 10 of these, and only the blue shirts have had problems. Go figure.

If you're expecting a $200 shirt for $50, you'll be disappointed. They are good, serviceable shirts. Well, except for blue, maybe.

I just can't get behind no-iron shirts. They don't feel right, don't breath as well.

That was one of my concerns, but most people seem to think these shirts aren't bad in that respect. That's why I only bought 2--and I'll take them back to Sears for a refund if they stink, since you can do that with Lands End goods...figured it was worth a shot to avoid some of that damn ironing :biggrin1:

Virtual Asylum, I would be suprised if you were unhappy with them. A very good value and a great everyday work shirt.

I do agree their quality has gone down a bit in the last year or so, but I haven't run into any specific issues with any specific colors or styles. Frankly, almost every major brand has gone down in quality in the last 2-5 years.

Top Bottom