Thread: A Relic: Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox MP3 Player (Want To Save Music Files)

Default A Relic: Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox MP3 Player (Want To Save Music Files)

Hard to believe that something "only" twelve years old would be considered an ancient relic pertaining to things digital.

Anyway, while digging around the top shelf of one of my closets in order to get rid of some junk and clean house I found this old thing. I plugged it in and it actually still works!

To my joy and pleasant surprise I discovered LOTS of vintage Motown and am listening to some of it while posting this. To the best of my knowledge, this MP3 player has a 6 gigabyte micro hard drive. Considering the age of this thing, I know that I am borrowed time until the drive "gives up the ghost."

Is there any way that I can transfer the music files to iTunes, or something else, in order to backup the music to CD? Or, should I just consider saving the music files a "no-hoper" and enjoy all that old Motown while I can?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Make Mine A Savage 99.

The best I can find is the advice here if you have a Mac, and here if you have a PC. Hope it helps
    Last edited by Mycon; 06-30-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Better info
    [U]Dave[/U] Perhaps if I implanted spore sacs in your brain organ, you would learn the glory of Juffo-Wup

3. Default

Does it not have a standard USB connector on it? You should just be able to connect them to your computer and copy the files across.

Creative MP3 players were excellent (imo), I have 2 or 3 knocking around I use at work. Built to last those fellas!
    Member of SABRE Brian

I have a Creative Zen and it's used in the car most days. Brilliant bit of kit.

Gareth
    Try everything in life except incest & morris dancing - Guy Warrack (1900-86).

I've used Sharepod to copy music from an ipod to itunes. It's easy and it's free.
    John

Images

You should be able to download a compatible manager for your player. Then plug it in, download the music to your computer, than add it to your iTunes folder.

If you have a specific problem pop post it up and see what info pops up.
    ~ ​​Kent
    <[Self-certified Straight Shaver]>
    。。現在日本剃刀に夢中。。

Images