What's new

New to Injectors please advise

The injector for head shaving might be good given it's easy to maneuver and the long handle on the J would also be helpful.

So, I wonder if injectors are popular for head shaving?

That's EXACTLY what I'm wondering. I NEVER shave my face, but shave my head quite frequently. I hope to get an injector soon to try out, as my first non-cartridge razor.

Outside of the Schick world, you might try a PAL adjustable...fairly aggressive.

Hello, fellow KC'er. I guess I'm looking for something that is NOT aggressive, if I'm thinking about it right. I want to start with a cartridge (which is what I'm currently using) and ever so slightly go one step at a time towards a straight razor. I'll stop when I've went a bit too far, and settle back into my sweet spot.

I have a vague recollection of buying and trying a longer handled Schick at some point, perhaps a "J", but when that was, or why I got rid of it isn't among my razor memories. I also had never heard of any "500" before this thread. I presently have a G3, a G8, and a HydroMagic. I've liked the shaves from that last one best out of those three.

Here is a link which shows the 500 aka hydromagic:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/95357-FS-Schick-Eversharp-Hydro-Magic-500-Injector

That version of the Hydromagic appears to be a "J", rather than an "I". I can't find the photo that I took of the one that I have now, but the handle is a standard looking "I" type.

(Edited) This isn't my own photo, but it's what mine looks like:

$Hydro-magic Injector.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom