What's new

Shoe Scuffs

I have a pair of Cole Haan burgandy shoes that I love. I have scuffs on the heel of the shoes from moving my chair and clipping the wheels on the heels. I've been polishing them with both wax and cream, and while they are bright enough to see my reflection, I cannot make the scuffs disappear.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Pics, please, to see how severe they are. Are the scuffs caused my metal abrasions or rubber-on-leather from the wheels?

how deep are the scuffs? i only say that because if the leather is torn up (bits hanging off the back) you may need to do some more drastic repairs than just polishing over it. If the leather itself just has a few shallow scuffs sometimes you can fix it with polish.

For example: when i am wearing my black leather low-quarters and i scuff them and they won't polish out, sometimes i have to put a chunk of polish over the scuff lightly melt it over it (so that it fills the damaged and cut part of the leather) and then buff it smooth. then if it isnt out i repeat until it is. However, that is with a pair of black shoes with black polish, so the colors will always match. With burgandy, you would need to make sure that the polish exactly matches the color of the rest of the shoe so that you don't have a funny colored blotch on the back of it.

I have heard that the leather can 'bruise/scuff' but not tear the leather, hot damp heat can infuse and 'swell' the leather back to normal.
Like you can do on wood furniture. I've never done it.

They are very shallow. No damage to the actual shoe. Just discoloring in the leather. I don't have the ability to take a picture right now, but I will post one over the weekend.

Top Bottom