What's new

Dreadnought vs. NYSC

Hello. I have a little bit of Bluebeard's revenge left. It smells weird I think I kept it too long and it sent bad because I kept it in a poorly ventilated area. Before it went bad though, I absolutely loved it. I have never used a cream as good. Then they stopped selling it. I didn't mind because I didn't want to spend $18 on another tub anyway. But now i'm happy because they're selling it in the US again under a different name, dreadnought. It came out recently according to sharpologist.com. I recently came across the new york shaving company. I noticed their creams are similarly if not the same price and was wondering since the ingredients shea butter, aloe, etc. seem to be very softening, the main issue I have had with every other cream (and soap) besides the bluebeard's revenge/dreadnought, (rebranded, same ingredients), has anybody tried both and how would you compare them. That is, how would you compare any variety of new york shaving company shaving cream to dreadnought? Which one is worth the price?

btw, so far I've tried palmolive, proraso, razorock xxx, razorock classic, queen charlotte cream-soap, various samples (frasers, bullgoose brand, etc..), tobs avocado, musgo real, Mitchell's wool fat soap and none of them worked for me only the bluebeard's revenge really softened me beard well.

*"!@*! I've only just gone and ordered some Dreadnought from a US supplier to be shipped to the UK! Didn't realise it was the same as Bluebeards!

...only the bluebeard's revenge really softened me beard well.

Your post piqued my curiosity and read a bit about your favourite cream. While I cannot help you find answers, I wanted to ask you to share your knowledge regarding the use of Decelerine. I cannot find enough information after a quick browse and was wondering if you could help us save some time.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Oh. I also had trouble finding much information, but mantic59 if you know him, he used to have shaving videos on youtube, still does I think but now he has a website called sharpologist.com. He has a great video back from when the bluebeard's revenge first came out and he talks a little bit about how decelerine works. He reposted under the dreadnought release announcement since as I said above, it's the exact same ingredients but just rebranded because there was a copyright issue with the name I hear. Some people are afriad that it will affect them negatively in the long run and will affect your hormones, but I don't think that's true and since the cream is so unbelievably good IMO I don't care if it does as long as it won't hurt me too bad to be honest. But theres nothing really to be found about that. Good information is in mantic59's video on sharpologist.com though about decelerine and the cream as well in the video and I know it's a derivative from a plant related to coconuts or something of that nature.

just used some dreadnought tonight...what a nice cream. great shiny soft lather. smelled very nice and worked great with my speick aftershave splash.

really a smooth cream that performs as it should.

Top Bottom