What's new

Google 7 Tablet Unboxing...you gonna get one?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Though I will admit the Ipad sure is purdy and really the gold standard for tablets.

Yes, but...

$mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-autocowrecks-sorry-flash-youre-gonna-need-an-android.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Adobe Drops Flash Player Support in Android 4.1

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406507,00.asp

True enough for the future regarding applications written by Adobe but;

There are plenty of third party Flash software packages currently available and no reason to believe that some smart programmer won't continue that trend, particularly since this appears to create a market wide open for them.
Adobe is ceasing all mobile app support, so it isn't like suddenly another mobile device OS maker is going to get the support but Android isn't.
Current versions of Android still have and may continue to use Flash until the end of their useful service life, barring an OS upgrade to the unsupported version, in which case, third party software comes into play again.
Apple is very adamant that even third party versions of Flash support won't be in the Apple store ever. Naturally, as that would release the stranglehold that they have on control of device application development for their OS.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
True enough for the future regarding applications written by Adobe but;

There are plenty of third party Flash software packages currently available and no reason to believe that some smart programmer won't continue that trend, particularly since this appears to create a market wide open for them.
Adobe is ceasing all mobile app support, so it isn't like suddenly another mobile device OS maker is going to get the support but Android isn't.
Current versions of Android still have and may continue to use Flash until the end of their useful service life, barring an OS upgrade to the unsupported version, in which case, third party software comes into play again.
Apple is very adamant that even third party versions of Flash support won't be in the Apple store ever. Naturally, as that would release the stranglehold that they have on control of device application development for their OS.

So....you don't own any Apple stock?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
So....you don't own any Apple stock?

My wife is huge Apple fan. She has the phone, the ipod and the ipad.
I own apple nothing, not even sauce.

I will use her ipad if there isn't any cutting or pasting, or uploading of pictures, or extensive web browsing to do.

I loved my iPad - but then I got an iPhone and my iPad usage plummeted so I sold it. I do miss a large screen sometimes and I think if I were to buy another tablet I would get one of these. I do think the iPad is superior, but the main differences between the two are covered by my iPhone (at least for me). For what I want in addition to my iPhone the Google tablet would cover me with a much smaller price tag.

Ben

Watching with sound off at work.
Was there a reason he was using what looked like a shirt collar stay instead of a knife to break the seals?

Something about since he was traveling he didn't have a knife with him. Seems like anything would have worked better than that thing.

Top Bottom