What's new

NBA Draft....Nuggets

So the Nuggets picked this French punk Evan Fournier, who literally said "What's to like about Denver? S**t." I had high hopes for this draft because the Nuggets front office is one of the best. Hope we trade him and some other expendables for someone like Iggy or Rudy Gay. LET FREE AGENCY BEGIN

Though it warms my heart to see them, NBA threads traditionally don't do well on B&B for some reason. Go figure.

Anyway, good luck with the sourpuss rookie. Maybe the vets will haze him til he learns some manners.

So the Nuggets picked this French punk Evan Fournier, who literally said "What's to like about Denver? S**t." I had high hopes for this draft because the Nuggets front office is one of the best. Hope we trade him and some other expendables for someone like Iggy or Rudy Gay. LET FREE AGENCY BEGIN

I don't know where you heard that. The article I just read (I will link it below) makes him seem pretty enthusiastic about playing for Denver as soon as possible. The team wants him to play in Europe for a few more years, apparently.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-this-season/2012/06/29/gJQAwPwGCW_story.html

I don't know anything about college basketball or the draft, so I don't know what to think about the Wizards drafting Bradley Beal. Of course I wish they had landed the number one pick, but number three isn't bad.

I have not heard about this anywhere other than here. Even if that's the truth - total non-issue:

1. He's 19.

2. It was Twitter.

3. Given that it was well before he was drafted by the team, it's a totally different context.

I'd be happy to have him.

I have not heard about this anywhere other than here. Even if that's the truth - total non-issue:

1. He's 19.

2. It was Twitter.

3. Given that it was well before he was drafted by the team, it's a totally different context.

I'd be happy to have him.

It's a real issue because we don't need a shooting guard that can't shoot. What the Nuggets need immediately is a veteran go to shooter, preferably from beyond the arc. Not someone who most likely isn't going to play in the association for 2 years. I'm absolutely ecstatic about grabbing Quincy Miller on the other hand. Miller brings great ball handling and offensive capabilities that are darn good for his age. Unless Fournier really impresses the Nuggets, he won't play one minute. And anyways, Kenneth Faried and Ty Lawson are the ONLY Nuggets rookies under coach Karl to get significant minutes. So I don't expect anyone to play.

I don't know anything about college basketball or the draft, so I don't know what to think about the Wizards drafting Bradley Beal. Of course I wish they had landed the number one pick, but number three isn't bad.

Oh and BTW Bradley Beal is absolutely awesome. I was hoping the Nuggets would trade up to get him.

I don't know much about college (or the kids overseas), but my thought is that the mindset of the Denver Nuggets' brass is that with all the talent in the Western Conference, the team is probably a few years away from being a serious contender and so they're building for the future - two or three years down the road. Rubio didn't come to the Timberwolves immediately, but it ultimately paid off. He was real good before the injury. Maybe the idea is that Fournier will develop in France (though he says he wants to play now) and while that's going on, the team will continue to acquire the other pieces. To be honest, I'm not all that familiar with the post-Carmelo Nuggets. I don't get the impression that they're a team ready to take down TheBron and Company, though. At least not this year.

I hope that it works out with Beal. Maybe he will be someone whom John Wall can feed the ball to. I don't live in D.C., anymore, but that city should have a good sports team. D.C. area sports fans are some of the most rabidly loyal fans in any area, yet they haven't had a championship in nearly 20 years.

I am interested to see what happens with Brooklyn. I live in Manhattan (lived in Brooklyn until February), but I can't stand the Knicks. I could see myself getting interested in Brooklyn if they get Dwight and re-sign Deron Williams.

The post-Melo Nuggets are much better without Carmelo. I feel bad for the Knicks because Masai gutted them and in return they got a player who plays no defense, jacks up 40 shots per game, and has no relationship with his coach. The Nuggets only have issues with the Western conference, we have always dominated the east including the Heat.

And about the Brooklyn Nets, if they do resign Williams it will only be because Dwight got traded to the team. I don't know if it will happen because if I were the Magic, I would try to trade him to a team that I can get something substantial in return. Only issue is that the Magic couldn't trade Dwight this past season because they saw what the Nuggets did to the Knicks and they want a trade like that..basically rob another team of it's starters for one player. And on the other spectrum, the only way another team besides the Nets trades for Dwight is if he agrees to sign a long term deal with them. We'll see how it pans out.

Yeah, I don't like Melo at all, because of exactly what you said. Not an Amare Stoudemire fan, either. If I'm not mistaken, the Knicks best run last year was when they were both out and Jeremy Lin caught fire with D'Antoni. I agree with Phil Jackson's assessment that the team is "clumsy." I do like Tyson Chandler. I haven't ever been a Knicks fan, though. Going all the way back to Ewing, Oakley, Starks. Those were good times.

ESPN was reporting yesterday that the Nets are trying to trade for Joe Johnson, so maybe they're trying to start their own mini-version of the Heat. Prokhorov seems involved now that he lost the election. The team has great potential. The cultural significance of Brooklyn will appeal to a lot of free agents, I think.

Melo is garbage lol. Yeah the Nets have potential because they have a billionaire owner, like Cuban, who is willing to pay for a great team. I don't think there will ever be a better owner than Cuban because the guy is straight obsessed with the team. If the Nets can get some talent together for cheap, they will be up there no doubt. Glad to hear from another NBA fan on Badgerandblade!!!!!

Raptors second round pick Quincy Acy saying all the right things and if he puts in the effort is set to be a fan favourite. Their first rounder is a shooter and Raptors need one (what don't they need?). I think the Raptors will be a little bit better next season as their young players mature.

Raptors second round pick Quincy Acy saying all the right things and if he puts in the effort is set to be a fan favourite. Their first rounder is a shooter and Raptors need one (what don't they need?). I think the Raptors will be a little bit better next season as their young players mature.
Yeah and if they get Nash they'll be much better. Raptors really want Wilson Chandler, but wouldn't agree on a trade before the draft.

Well, Deron Williams stayed with Jersey and they picked up Joe Johnson. They're trying to work out a, in my opinion, ridiculous trade for Dwight Howard. Something like three years of first round picks, plus four players presently on the roster. Does not seem like a good idea to me. Maybe they promised Deron that they'd do that.

Also, looks like Nash is going to NY, which is... weird.

I don't know why the NBA isn't more popular here. We have more college basketball fans than NBA fans. More HOCKEY fans than NBA fans. The NBA is booming, though. Pretty good ratings for the Finals, I believe.

I haven't ever been a Knicks fan, though. Going all the way back to Ewing, Oakley, Starks. Those were good times.

Me too. I'm a Lakers fan, but the early-90s Knicks were really something. Too bad they didn't make the championship against the Rockets. It was close.

Olajuwon was a beast. He had some great moves for a big guy. He was able to trump the other great big men of his time - Ewing, Shaq and David Robinson.

Nash is now with the Lakers. Journalists seem stunned by this. I don't know why. I would have been stunned if he went to Toronto. He's 39 and has done everything but win a title - two time MVP, perennial all star, consistently a top five point guard. Going to Toronto would have been acknowledging that he wasn't ever going to win a title. The Lakers are his best shot. I think it's a great move for all three parties - the Lakers, the Suns and Nash.

The basketball IQ of the Lakers starting 5 has just gone through the roof. IMHO it would be great if they could swap Bynum for Dwight Howard, too.

I'll just have to get used to not booing Nash :biggrin1:

I consider myself a Lakers fan and I would much rather have Bynum. Kobe had a hard enough time coexisting with The Real Shaq. I can't see him getting along with Mini Shaq. And can you imagine Dwight at home games? "Hey! Hey, Jack! Check out this screenplay I wrote, it's really good! What about you and me in a movie together? Have you seen my impressions? Hey! Hey, DiCaprio! What about you and me in Blood Diamond 2! I could play Honsou's part! He's old now, anyway! Check out my impression: DI-AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, I know that there are a couple of schools of thought on the Bynum/Howard thing, but I base my decision on in-game effort. Too many times it's seemed that Bynum was giving far less than a serious effort in games, whether due to personality, maturity, ego or simply being out of shape (I couldn't say which). I'd rather have a player who gives a solid effort every game, and Howard's superior defense will really help seal up the middle, especially considering that even with a massive upgrade at PG with Nash, there's still no defensive upgrade.

Either way, I'm cool with who the Lakers send out as a starting 5, but it just seems like Howard would be a better choice, wishy-washiness notwithstanding.

I don't really disagree with that assessment. In spite of his character flaws, Dwight Howard seems to give 100% on the court. That said, I think that his immaturity and need for constant attention would irk Kobe Bryant enough to make for a lack of chemistry/cohesion on the court. Kobe doesn't seem to be the sort of guy to put up with a lot of BS. Bynum has his issues, but he doesn't act like a stand up comedian.

I think Dwight Howard is better than Byumn (At least right now. Bynum is two years younger than Howard and has never had to carry his team/been the focal point.), but if he can't coexist with Kobe, I don't think it matters. You can't have two guys on the same team competing against each other.

Top Bottom