What's new

Leatherman carriers?

Well as the thread name suggests, are there any fellow Leatherman carriers out there? If so what do you have and what do you commonly use it for?

I carry a Wingman in a black leather sheath. I absolutely love the spring loaded pliers. I also got a Kick I keep in the tackle box.

I work in a greenhouse so I love when a hose sustains a leak so i can mend it with my Leatherman :biggrin1:.

I have a Wingman that I sometimes carry. Most days I typically carry a regular pocket knife, but when I want more tool I grab the leatherman. Though there's a fair chance that the one tool that's seen the most use so far is the bottle opener on beer appreciation nights. :001_cool:

It will be my primary tool while I'm on my camping trip next weekend though.

I've got a wave, though I don't carry it around with me everywhere. If I think I may need it, I'll bring it with. If not, it stays on my desk.

I have been with Leatherman since the LST.

In my pack I have the older version of the Wave and a Micra in the fist aid kit.

When I go out the Style is on the keyring and sometimes carry a Surge but I am not fond of it.

The everyday carry is the Skeletool but wish it had true needlenose pliers.

Wave. I use it to repair chainsaws, open MRE's, tighten sunglass screws and do quick repairs on my mt. bike. It's endured almost 300 wildfires over the last 13 years. It's the best!

My Leatherman Wave lives in my Messenger bag that I carry to work. I use mine for unscrewing cables to move monitors at work. I've found the pliers very handy on a number of occassions as well.

I carry the Surge. Found a good deal on one at Target.

I used to carry Gerbers, but I like the Leatherman better. I use it daily, both at work and at home. I'm a printing press operator. The tool can perform almost any task.

My scabbard is wearing out, though. It wasn't leather; made from a nylon cordua type material, and the belt loop is failing.

Don

Last edited:
I used to carry a Leatherman all the time, and when my job was computer repair, the Leatherman was my primary tool. I am now working in a government facility that considers the Leatherman to be a banned weapon, so I leave it at home. Besides, I no longer repair computers (I just answer the phone).

When I carried the Leatherman, I used a handmade sheath I made out of tooling sides.

I have carried a leatherman juice with me just about everywhere for the last 5 years or so. It's small enough to fit in my pocket and not be a problem. It isn't as loaded with features as some other models but it has enough to have gotten me out of a few sticky situations. Plus it has a corkscrew for that all important wine emergency. The only thing I would change about it is the knife blade. It should lock, and if you don't pay attention it is too easy to grab it the wrong way and cut yourself, which I have done more than once. I got this as a gift and was a little hesitant about it at first since it isn't the most manly model in their line-up but after all these years I don't think I would trade it.

No Leatherman for me.... I carry the Gerber Flik. I love my tool and so does the Mrs. I went about 9 months or so without one when I forgot to leave it at home and had to surrender it to the TSA when I went on a flight. It was a frustrating 9 months....

I do not have a micra, a squirt PS4, a Juice C2 and a Skeletool :lol:

The PS4 is my EDC (replaced the Micra) , the Juice lives in my Messenger and the the Skeletool is when I need the "big guns" :lol:

I carry my Wave two to three times a week. If I don't need it(office work) then I usually leave it in the truck. I have had it since 1999, and it has been a fantastic tool. Probably use it a dozen times during the weekend.

Steve, that is crazy about you not able to carry it to work. I remember flying with my Wave on my belt, and in Fairbanks(AK) not even having to take it out of the holster.

Squirt P4 & a Maglite AAA Solitaire have been my EDC now for a good 10 years! And I do use them everyday. I have a few of bigger Leathermans (Leathermen?) that I keep in my pickup, ATV, tool boxes, etc. but the P4 is my go to tool.
proxy.php

~Frank

Top Bottom