What's new

PIF: Tuckaway Hybrid -- 4th of July special

Declare your independence this holiday season -- discover a vintage New model DE razor. The Tuckaway razor was made in England, Canada, and the US from early to the mid-1930s. This particular one was made in the US -- hence the 4th of July motif. The razor is in fine shape, but the head is not the one meant for the Tuckaway or this handle. The Tuckaway head was totally flat on the underside. This head -- although not really visible in my photos -- is like one for the Regent or Milady -- where the top end of the handle was a smaller diameter than the handle for the Tuckaway. Nonetheless, the head fits tightly on the handle and the razor shaves just like a New. But it has the classy Tuckaway handle. Including the small hairline crack near the top end of the handle.

So if you want to declare your independence from the cartridge or solid guard razors -- if you have yet to try an open comb US made vintage razor -- you qualify for this PIF. You must have less than 200 posts, live in the United States, and post your interest here before the end of the day Sunday night -- July 1.

proxy.php

proxy.php

You can see this is a New long tooth open comb design.
proxy.php

The exterior of the case is decent, but you can see that it has seen better days.

proxy.php

proxy.php

you can just see the hairline split on the handle -- common with this vintage hollow barrel Gillette handles.
proxy.php

Decent razor and one I'd like to share with the community of fellow shavers. And I'll try to get you the razor during the week of the 4th of July holiday.

Started with Straight Razors then tried DE Adjustables.

Would love to see of this open comb DE is closer to my straight razor shaves.

Please count me in!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Great PIF, Jake! But I can't believe your holding a 4th of July draw on Canada Day (July.1st) :biggrin1: (hee hee)

Thanks Gents. The recipient of the Tuckaway is Namya. Happy Independence Day to all & everyone.

Top Bottom