What's new

Any Unusual Interpretations of Classic Songs

How about a two-fer? One band, two covers. The band is 24-7 Spyz and the songs are The Black Uhuru's "Sponji Reggae" and Kool & The Gang's "Jungle Boogie".

PART I:

Last edited by a moderator:
SmoovD "How about a two-fer? One band, two covers. The band is 24-7 Spyz and the songs are The Black Uhuru's "Sponji Reggae" and Kool & The Gang's "Jungle Boogie".
PART I: "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have not heard the original "Sponji Reggae", but this a very nice Reggae..Gonna try to find some more of their stuff,
thanks

I like the songs on A Perfect Circle's album, Emotive. Each rendition is pretty different compared to the original. I especially like their version of When The Levee Breaks, by Led Zeppelin.

Iz had the voice of an angel! My wife told me about him, then I caught this song on YouTube, and immediately ordered it. I think that was her plan, come to think of it...

Iz had the voice of an angel! My wife told me about him, then I caught this song on YouTube, and immediately ordered it. I think that was her plan, come to think of it...

Iz had the voice of an angel, and Jake played the uke like a god. If only they got together to do a rendition of ANYTHING. Anything at all. It would've been orgastic.

On a related note, I like the song done by The Coconutz on Forgetting Sarah Marshal's soundtrack, 'Nothing Compares 2 U'

I quite like The Corrs' cover of Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. It's one of the only Fleetwood covers that I can stand. This might be sacrilege, but personally, I think that Andrea Corr's voice > Stevie Nicks'.

ever hear the Dweezil Zappa/Ozzy Osbourne cover of The BeeGee's 'Staying Alive'??

so Dweezil and Ozzy... it's brilliant.... and the fact Dweezil got Ozzy to sing it, just a smattering ofn h ironical genius.

check out HARPTALLICA. a duo of female harpists that only do Metallica covers...

Harptallica - Master of Puppets

Chris Cornell’s rendition of MJ’s Billie Jean ... I think unusual, since Chris’ version sounds more sincere whereas MJ’s sounds more like a rendition.

"I quite like The Corrs' cover of Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. It's one of the only Fleetwood covers that I can stand. This might be sacrilege, but personally, I think that Andrea Corr's voice > Stevie Nicks'."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stevie is just one of my all time favorite female singers, I just love to here her do Landslide...But this is one sexy cover of 'Dreams',wow the Corrs are good here !
Thanx for bringing this one to my attention !

Last edited:
Top Bottom