What's new

Any Unusual Interpretations of Classic Songs

"Beach Boys, What'd I Say"

I would have never recognized them doing this. Is Brian doing the lead vocals ?
Funny, Dennis was considered the least talented of the Wilson Bros. I always thought he was the coolest one and despite some critics opinion, a pretty dang good drummer, etc...and of course the only surfer in the group..
Good one.

Thanks!
That's Carl on lead vocals.
I've always liked Denny's drumming, very under-rated.
Dig it--Mike Love on sax!

Richard Cheese does lounge covers. I especially like this one.

-> NSFW (language) <- couldn't find an edited version

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but we're talking about remakes that are good :lol:

Do listen to the "Common People", it is pretty good, in spite of William Shatner, not because of it!

I did and I agree on this one. Kind of like a Shatner on Xanax compared to his 60's stuff. Not bad at all.
Who would have guessed it, Shatner could have been a 'rap pop punker' ? :wink2:
BTW, "to far out" was a play on words as in 'Capt. Kirk' going where no man has gone....
Good find

Thanks!
That's Carl on lead vocals.
I've always liked Denny's drumming, very under-rated.
Dig it--Mike Love on sax!

Is there a video of this one ? I would love to see it.

Many will have different opinions on this, but two of my fav US bands were the orig. Beach Boys and the Ramones..for me.
Sadly, the US just didn't get the Ramones at first. England picked up on them right away. A very influential band that created a new genre of music, IMO.
Johnny Ramone was just awesome with his downwards chord banging.

The Animals "House of the Rising Sun" performed by SnakeFarm. This whole album is good!

Is there a video of this one ? I would love to see it.

Many will have different opinions on this, but two of my fav US bands were the orig. Beach Boys and the Ramones..for me.
Sadly, the US just didn't get the Ramones at first. England picked up on them right away. A very influential band that created a new genre of music, IMO.
Johnny Ramone was just awesome with his downwards chord banging.

The clip I posted is the only version I could find.
It was originally released on a Aussie Rarities LP, but then the band found out and called in the lawyers. Too bad--it rocks!
Tommy Ramone-the last surviving original Ramone- plays mandolin in the bluegrass band Uncle Monk.

Common People by William Shatner and Joe Jackson (originally by Pulp)

This was the first thing I ever posted on my Facebook page. Being a Star Trek geek & Joe Jackson fan (saw him a few times in concert), the combo was just too good to not share.

And by good, I mean bad.

Ethyl Meatplow covering The Carpenters.

(Yes I know the Carpenters did not write it, but they did they most famous version which was the inspiration for the cover.)

Top Bottom