What's new

DR Harris shaving cream owners - is your cream croap like or soft cream like ?

DR Harris shaving cream owners - is your cream croap like or soft cream like ?

• It's soft - just like the 3 T's

• It's croap like, pretty hard

• I only use DR Harris SOAP :)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just wondered if the 3 pots I have of DR Harris was old, when I got them since they all are very croap like in substance.

I know Creighton makes this cream, and Creighton also makes the cream for the 3 T's and for AOS, and they are all on the softer side of things, but my 3 pots of DR Harris are all almost croap like, close to Acqua Di Parma Pot and CF Lime, in fact even a bit harder.....

I treat them like a soap, and dip my brush in the tub and honestly they all perform better than any of the nine 3 T creams i own do......the lather is thicker and the after shaving feel is better.

I would rate my 3 DR Harris creams almost on par with my overall favorite creams - Acca Kappa 1869 pot, I Coloniali silver tube, Axqua Di Parma, Santa Maria Novella and CF Lime & Lavender......almost as great.

DR Harris Windsor is my next DR Harris cream to be delivered........expect good things from it, but will see if this cream is more fluid in substance, than the other 3 I have (Marlborough, Arlington & Almond) - the Windsoerr was made 2-3 monts ago, so it can hardly have been stashed away in a warehouse.......

How is your DR Harris cream....?

Love the Harris soaps, but not a fan of the cream. I bought my Harris and AOS creams about the same time and, except for the scent, they could have been the same cream. Same consistency and same so-so performance (for me anyway). Both were sold after only a couple of uses. It's been a while, but as I remember the Harris cream was harder than my TOBS creams, but I don't remember it being as hard as my CF. When I think "soft" cream, I think of a cream like Salters. Soft enough to be able to just dip the brush tips instead of having to swirl, yet not runny if the tub is turned over. My 4 tubs of Salters all had the same soft consistency whereas every tub of TOBS cream I've had was different.

I have had tubes of Arlington, Lavender and Rose, only the Rose was on the firm side which made it a little more difficult to lather up. My tubes of Arlington and Lavender could easily be squeezed out on top of my wet brush and face lathered. I needed to put the Rose into a bowl to work it.

I find it slightly firmer than Trumper and Truefitt, but it's not hard. Perhaps yours has dried a bit?

I have the rose, and it is definitely croap-like. I prefer it this way, as I am more of a soap user and prefer to load the brush directly on the surface before lathering on my face.

I have the rose, and it is definitely croap-like. I prefer it this way, as I am more of a soap user and prefer to load the brush directly on the surface before lathering on my face.

I actually also prefer them harder more croap like, because each time I hear something less great about DR Harris cremes, they are on the softer side.
The guys who seem to LOVE their DR Harris creams mostly seem to have the harder dried out versions of DR harris cream.

So i'm kind of glad mine all are dried out and croap like, because compared to the 9 pots of the 3 T's I own, (3 TOBS, 3 GFT's & 3 TF&H) I actually by some margin prefer my DR Harris creams :thumbup:

Top Bottom