What's new

What's in your briefcase/bag?

While I was sitting here in a Southfield, MI hotel room (week 2 of 5 up here) browsing a couple of forums I frequent and looking at briefcase and bag threads, I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone carries in their briefcase or bag. What is your briefcase or bag of choice? What do you carry? Share a picture if able.

I'll be honest-mine is a little more stuffed than normal because I'm travelling at present. Apologies for the iPhone pics-it's all I had with me, and it does a better job than the Blackberry in the picture...

proxy.php

• Saddleback Thin Briefcase in Chestnut
  • work Blackberry and power cord
  • iPhone charger and earbuds
  • iPod Nano (so I don't drain my iPhone on long flights)
  • noise cancelling headphones for flight in bag
  • electrical accessory bag for computer
  • power cord for computer
  • HP Elitebook laptop
  • sunglasses
  • water bottle
  • mini first aid kit (blue box)
  • leather padfolio
  • car keys and desk keys
  • gum
  • small Moleskine
  • pens and highlighter
  • business cards
  • lip balm
  • book (picking up a Kindle Fire this weekend)

Let's see what you guys are carrying

Last edited:
I used to live in Southfield, MI. Don't really miss it to be honest.

Here is most of what I have, minus my iPad and/or laptop and stethoscope in a SBL thin briefcase.
proxy.php

Some research items, books, opthalmo/otoscope, multitool, light, extra magazine, pens, power cords and headphones in the small pouch. Maybe some snacks at times.

Also just posted this in the briefcase thread:

View attachment 254168

Filson 257 Computer Briefcase. I'm in IT and usually have my 14" Lenovo, iPad, Kindle, chargers for everything, book for whatever cert I'm working on, accessories like pens/pencils/sharpie, ethernet cable, leatherman, Quark MiNi 123 LED Flashlight, 2nd gen iPod Nano, Shure IEMs, and Moleskine.

In my Tusting Clipper: iPad, pen, glasses, USB flash drive, cell phone, wallet, Leatherman. Travel light. Amazing briefcase, by the way.

Ipad, Notary seal, affidavits that I typically use for mortgage closings, white out tape, 2 pens - usually a Lamy ball point/ink and a Parker or Pelikan fountain pen, thumb drive, iPhone battery back and a Moleskin. I use a Manhattan Portgage bag until I go for that Mitchell one of these days.

Top Bottom