What's new

How many shaves?

Hi guys,
Just wondering something... I've been using one of these 75ml (2.6 oz?) tubes of T&H cream for about 3 weeks now, or slightly more, 6 days a week, and it looks like I've roughly a third of it left. I think. Hard to tell. Well... I can definitely scrounge another 5 or 6 shaves out of it anyway.

So, once a person gets proficient at the auld lathering, (I'm getting slightly more consistent... sort of!), how long would you reckon such a tube would last? Or how many shaves might you guys get from that amount of cream normally?
Regards,

Hi guys,
Just wondering something... I've been using one of these 75ml (2.6 oz?) tubes of T&H cream for about 3 weeks now, or slightly more, 6 days a week, and it looks like I've roughly a third of it left. I think. Hard to tell. Well... I can definitely scrounge another 5 or 6 shaves out of it anyway.

So, once a person gets proficient at the auld lathering, (I'm getting slightly more consistent... sort of!), how long would you reckon such a tube would last? Or how many shaves might you guys get from that amount of cream normally?
Regards,

I think your 9-week projection, daily use for a tube, isn't that far off the mark. Tubs are much more economical.

most people don't ever get to the bottom of a tub because they keep buying more and more... true with my spending habits as well. there is a tube of proraso that i'm almost finished with though..

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say about three or four months worth of daily shaving, based on my experience. If anyone wants to be an uber-geek about it, they could start keeping records as they rotate through their stock.

I get 5-6 months from a TOBS tub and about 2-3 months from the tubes, depending on type - Lavander and Lemon Lime go quickest while Rose and Almond stretch out further.

A small brush is probably the biggest factor in my mileage.

Top Bottom