What's new

Canoe

Anyone ever try Canoe cologne? I saw some while browsing through Walmart today while getting the oil changed for my wife's Jeep. Any thoughts about the product?

==Tom

Made by Dana. originated in 1932 I think or some where around there. at any rate it has been around for a while. I used it in the 70's and I still like it. Mild, sort of sweet, a bit floral, a bit citrusy and maybe a bit woodsy. I am not good at that sort of thing. I think it lasts on me for a few hours.

Regards,
Mike

It is a good Chypre and very classic. I used to wear it before I switched to Racquets and Armani.

It is rather strong if you put on a lot, so don't marinade yourself in it.

:biggrin: A little dab will do ya.

I read good things about Canoe. Got it, but do not like it. If you expect something refined in league of designer's fragrances, that is not thing to use. For me it is like barber shop scent. So looking to get my bottles of my hand, if interested, PM me.

It was a big scent in the 70's and I had a bottle of it right next to my Mennen Skin Bracer, AV, Royall Bay Rum, and Hai Karate. I remember it as a "lighter" scent in respect to the others...pleasant. I might have to pick up a bottle for old time's sake. Thanks for the tip.

Resurrecting this thread because I just came across a bottle that was my late Dad's. Awesome scent and brings back memories of him.

Is this still available? Is the scent the same?

Resurrecting this thread because I just came across a bottle that was my late Dad's. Awesome scent and brings back memories of him.

Is this still available? Is the scent the same?

Dana still makes Canoe as they have for centuries. You can also find vintage 60's/70's Canoe on eBay.

Also curious if the vintage is different from the new. Dana certainly changed the scents they bought, like English Leather. But I want to say that Canoe has always been Dana, so I figure there's a pretty good chance it probably hasn't changed much.

Canoe is CLASSIC. My father used to wear it as a signature scent. It opens with a lemony blast and settles down to a soft powdery, tonka base. I love it. It's not unlike Pinaud's Clubman or Brut. Similar - yet different. I highly recommend both the aftershave and the cologne.

If you like Clubman, you will like Canoe. Very similar, except that Canoe lasts and lasts...use sparingly. Great time machine to the 70s, as others have noted.

Top Bottom