What's new

Lighting up

Hi gents!
I've been pipe smoking for more than a year and recently jump in to the cigars world...
For lighting my pipe I got a torch lighter (blue flame, angled). For the cigars I got another torch lighter (blue flame, not angled).
The issue is that I find a little tricky to light the cigars with the pipe lighter and vice versa; then I saw this vid and found the idea of using a single lighter is quite appealing, plus I already had a zippo lying somewhere...

The bottom question is: will the zippo damage the taste of the tobacco? is polite/acceptable use this kind of lighter on socials circumstances?

Thanks folks!

After the first few puffs, I don't notice the Zippo taste at all. I would be more worried however, about burning the briar with a torch. Them suckers is HOT!

You definitely want to get a candle light flame lighter. A cheap BIC or expensive pipe lighter all work great. As mentioned above torch lighters will scare your briar and you don't want that. Torch lighters are for cigars, candlelite for pipes :)

If you fire up the Zippo and let it burn for a couple of seconds before applying the flame to the tobacco of choice then you should have no naptha flavor at all. It is only the first couple of seconds that give the Zippo flavor.

Oh most definitely, I don't use a torch on anything personally. My point was just that if you use a torch, keep it for cigars

I use matches or xikar pipe lighter or a bic to light my pipes. For cigars I use a torch lighter to toast the foot, then light with a zippo.

Top Bottom