I'd been frustrated with my MW Marakesh. I simply could not manage to get a decent lather out of it, not matter what I tried. I always got a good shave, but the lather was simply to thin and broke down immediately.
But I decided to give it one last go before either I PIF'd it or binned it. I'm glad I did. I used my new Rover in Manchurian Badger and started with the brush almost dry. I then proceeded to load the heck out of the brush. When I went to the face, I coated the whiskers then dipped the tips and started building. Along the way I went back to the puck to load a bit more and dipped the tips a few times as I built. I was rewarded with a nice, stable lather. It could be a bit more hydrated and provide more cushion for my taste, but I finally got a lather that worked for my straight razor! I was left with a BBS and the typically moist/hydrated skin that made me want to find a way to work with this soap.
My apologies for the negativity I showed before, I may just become a convert after all!