What's new

Got the Vie-Long Butterscotch Beehive in Silvertip today from an excellent B&B vendor

I've been wanting to get a new brush lately because I haven't been to happy with the Simpson Colonel I purchased. I was wanting to get something with a larger knot and I really liked the Butterscotch Beehive from Vie-Long (I already had the horse hair brush). I ordered the badger brush last Thursday from one of my fav B&B vendors and it already arrived today. Quick question for you all...I noticed the Vie-Long label was partially worn off. Would that have happened after several uses anyhow? What do you all think of the quality of Vie-Longs?

$photo (1).jpg

No, it's not... I had the natural horse version of this brush (ivory-handled) and the lettering was perfect through multiple uses.

Personally, and this is not a knock on Vie-Long, I would be pretty pleased that the lettering is already coming off. I would just take off the rest. But then again, I peel the sticker off of Simpson brushes.

I've never had trouble with the Logos on any of my V-L Horses or Mixed Knot Brushes, it doesn't look worn, but more like a Manufacturing defect.
You might want to e-mail the Vendor with a photo of the problem, he's a stand-up Guy and should rectify your problem, otherwise, enjoy your Silver-Tip.

I've never had trouble with the Logos on any of my V-L Horses or Mixed Knot Brushes, it doesn't look worn, but more like a Manufacturing defect.
You might want to e-mail the Vendor with a photo of the problem, he's a stand-up Guy and should rectify your problem, otherwise, enjoy your Silver-Tip.

Same for me,none of the decals on my 5 horses or my 16510 silvertip have even remotely started to peel ,and I shave with hot water...I think it may take awhile,but the vendor should be able to score a new decal for you,I don't think you want to send the brush back when it can easily be renewed with a fresh decal.Beautiful beehive !!

Top Bottom