What's new

Brebbia Sun

Anyone got experience with theses pipes? I am soon to make a final payment on one because at about $130 it will be my most expensive to date (except our Tinsky's ;~) and had to be budgeted in. Seems the Sun's are unusual offerings being briar with meerschaum chambers. What do you think about this combination?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've never heard anything but good comments about Brebbia's, and mine is one of my favorite pipes, so I'm sure you're will smoke well.

I've always been interested in trying a meerschaum lined briar, but not interested enough to actually buy one. There was a vendor a couple years ago selling NOS meer lined Grabows for reasonable price, but it's wasn't one of the popular vendors, and I forgot what website it was, when I found the site a couple months later they were sold out.

I will be interested to hear about how you're smokes. In theory putting meerschaum inside a briar seams like the answer to the question that no one ever asked. It's almost 99% guaranteed that it's a pressed meer bowl, which everyone poo poos about how they are don't absorb moisture like a block meer. Inside a briar, which is used to make pipes used because it's fire retardant, and absorbs moisture, but maybe I'm missing something.

I have a Meerschaum lined Kaywoodie Canadian. It smokes very well but I don't notice much of a difference at all compared to my briars.

I don't have a Sun, but I do have two Brebbias and both are great pipes. I also have an old meer-lined no name briar which is good. I think if youi add the two together you'll be in for one hell of a good smoke.

Top Bottom