What's new

FREE WEEK, SOTD "themed week" June 25th - July 1st 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger

Nice and simple today with a GREAT shave.
VDH and a G-bar with a GEM PTFE(3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday - June 28, 2012

Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM @7
Soap: C.O. Bigelow

Brush: Bestshave #6 Horse Hair
A/S: Aqua Velva
:velva2:

proxy.php

Kappus skin protection soap (face wash) – Floïd Sandolor Gel Pre Shave – Semogue Owners Club Ash Wood – Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap – Mühle R 102 mit Feather (2) – Alpa 378 After Shave Lotion​

TGIF 2morrow !
~06/28/2012~

Semogue 830 \\ Muhle R89 w/ Derby \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ EJ-Muhle Sea Buckthorn SS \\ Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

I know mentioned that JBM Violetas smelled amazing and was one my favorites. It's still is but BOY OH BOY this EJ-Muhle Sea Buckthorn SS is just Exquisite! Its has gone on top my rotation b/c the aroma is that great and love it. Also its EJ/Muhle and doesn't smell anything close to being artificial IMHO. The puck is pretty small but seems tougher than it being triple milled so it looks like that it will last for quite some time. Any who the lather was awesome, just use the famous "Marco's Method"! Its a great soap! You all have a wonderful day my friends!

proxy.php

Thursday morning, June 28, 2012

Schick E2 Injector Razor w/ Schick blade (4)
Semogue 1250 boar bristle brush,
TABAC shaving soap w/ hot water lather,
finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

Attachments

• $TABAC 13.JPG
    $TABAC 13.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 139
THURSDAY

TFD: "When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep becomes your downfall..."
Someone please pass this along to the US congress.
We are swiftly becoming Greece - and not in a good way...

SHAVE:
Blend of HBS Mayan Gold SS + TOBS Sandalwood SC
Semogue Owners Club
Georgetown G5 Scuttle
PARKER 98R "GOLIATH" RAZOR
Astra SP (2)
Alum block
SCS Patchouli Edt
DFS in 3 passes.

The Parker 98R continues to perform well. It commands respect... No weepers today, but I did raise a tad of a burn on the neck while rushing a bit... The Mayan Gold is a treasure, blended with the TOBS cream, it is an awesome fragrant lather concoction.
SCS Patchouli Edt is simply one of the best ever - wearing it a 2nd day in a row - because I like it so much.

Just getting started with DE shaving... but here is my tools of the trade as of tonight. The razor is a Merkur 3 piece (unsure of the model) with a Feather blade. The brush is a Rubberset (unsure of the hair - likely boar). And yes, that is a cappuccino bowl I am using to lather up the cream... :001_cool:

I quite like the scent of the aftershave lotion - and it does a nice job moisturizing, too..

View attachment 254124

+1 on your set up.
Your razor is a Merkur 1904.
Nice Proraso pre-shave cream, and Art of Shaving shaving cream.
Very nice starter kit, can't go wrong with any of it.
Is the brush new or is it vintage?

Last edited:
Thursday, June 28, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Dunkin Donuts
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: Old Spice
Brush: Semogue 1460
Scuttle/Mug: Old Spice

$Photo2701.jpg

Thursday

Ikea bowl ¤ Vulfix 2234 Silvertip ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (97)
Nivea for Men Shaving Cream ¤ Proraso After Shave ¤ T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

Simpson Classic 1
Cella
Open Comb w/ Personna Med Prep (1)
Razorock R-160

I was reading the shaving brush sub-forum last night and got caught up reading the thread about the Cella bowl and how people generally move the soap over to a larger container. Well I can't see this soap in anything but this red tub so I decided to maybe buy a new boar brush since my SOC has way too much splay to be effective. Then someone mentioned that they were using a Classic 1. I havent touched my Classic brush ever since I bought my Rudy Vey brush. I figured that the next day I would put my neglected brush to use and see if I still even liked this brush .
I wet the brush "old world italian barber/Marco's method style" and proceeded to swirl.
I don't understand how this brush holds so much lather. It held enough for 3 passes. Not enough for touchups but I don't generally need more than 3 passes unless I'm going out. I forgot how a brush could have enough backbone to pick up soap but feel awesomely soft on the face while still slightly exfoliating.
Yesterday I was seriously contemplating selling this brush because I haven't used it in such a long time. Today I am determined to set a true rotation for my brushes because they all deserve to be used.
What a great brush to compliment a great shave!
Have a great day Gents!

strop

Now half as wise
Floid Sandolor Preshave
AOS Lemon ss
Duke 3
6/8 Dovo Special
T&H Grafton ASL
T&H Grafton EdC

proxy.php

Thursday
Brush: Vie-Long Horse
Soap/Creme: Proraso Sandalwood
Razor: Valet Autostrop
Blade: Gem SS PTFE
Pre: 3P
Result: DFS

Friday morning:

Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Derby (3)
Soap: La Toja
Brush: Omega 10018
A/S: Mandom
ASB: Natio ASB

Never tried it myself since we don't have it here in Sweden but I've heard that Barbasol is the best of the canned stuff and an actual decent product and good value.

Anything that can have its name substituded with "goo" is not allowed in my shave den.

Barbasol is actually pretty darn good. I use it as a preshave sometimes as well as using it to shave with. To me, it outperforms any of the Gillette Foams or Edge Gels, and works well in a pinch.

Omega 65 Red Handle Boar Brush
Proraso Pre Creme de Barba
Lord Shave cream
Merkur Futur w/SuperMax Platinum Blade on 5
Osage Rub
AV Ice Sport
Visal AS gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom