What's new

Parker Shavette

So I recently decied to buy a Parker Shavette and I was wondering who all has shaved with these. I bought it to hopfully help with the wicked learning curve that goes with straight razor shaving. Let me know

It's much sharper than a regular straight, and the learning curve may even be steeper. That said, once you get used to it you should be able to get wonderful, close shaves.

Good luck!

It's much sharper than a regular straight, and the learning curve may even be steeper. That said, once you get used to it you should be able to get wonderful, close shaves.

Good luck!

+1. The Parker shavette is definitely sharper and less forgiving than an actual straight. Personally, I think a straight is much easier and safer to use.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yeah, and no back and forth slicing motions too. The thing is sharp enough that I'd you place the blade on the skin stationary for too long the natural shaking of your hand can induce some cuts.

i have one and used it just because i was curious. it is sharper than regular straits and the curve is a bit steeper.IMO. but i was a straight user already before using it.

I have one and use it from time to time. Works well for me for travel if I dont want to take a strop. I will agree, far less forgiving than a traditional straight. Very capable of a fine shave though. Stay with it, take your time and I'm sure you'll get great results. However, if you don't, don;t give up on straights. These are very different and, as said above, more difficult than using a traditional straight.

I started out on a Parker and I felt it was a good place to begin my journey. I wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it again. I still use it on occasion.

So I recently decied to buy a Parker Shavette and I was wondering who all has shaved with these. I bought it to hopfully help with the wicked learning curve that goes with straight razor shaving. Let me know

I got one of those after having trouble with a Dovo shavette and Filarmonica shavette. It was much better, although now I can use all of them. It won't spare you the learning curve but it will let you learn without having to strop and hone to maintain your blade. Good move. If I had it to do all over again I would have learned with a Parker shavette. If you can shave with the Parker you can shave with the traditional straight.

I also started with a Parker. I'll still use it now and again, but going from a straight back to that, I tend to nick myself. I still think it's a great, and inexpensive, way to get stated with a str8.

The Parker is a very nice, inexpensive, disposable blade straight. I have 3 of them, and if I had to I could use any of the Parker's as my only straight.

You won't be disappointed. It's certainly a bit different than using a straight as others have said. It's gread for travel and those days you're too lazy to strop.

When you switch to a straight you won't use it all that much, but you'll be glad you have it on those occasions.

Top Bottom