What's new

Lawn Mowers-Homeowner's Curse

I think you should consider a Joris. Honda's don't cut as close.

I have been getting a 1 pass BBS lawn with my Ransomes for the past 25 years.

AND......

The blades seem to last forever :innocent:

proxy.php

Hand mower (although YMM literally V).

These are great fun and you can knock off some exercise at the same time. I've heard they're also better for the turf than the rotary blades of a motor mower, but that may depend on the grass species in question.

Doubles as a personal groomer.

"What was the $91 charge for? Rebuilt carburettor/fuel lines?"

Good question, "cleaning out the carb" was the reply I received.

I too had a Craftsman with a Briggs & Stratton that ran like nothing I had ever owned before. Strongest engine you can imagine. I live in a very corrosive environment (Fla. East Coast 3 blocks off the Ocean) and after about 9 years the Craftsman deck just rusted to the point of unusuable. Got the Toro at what was then a really good price as a replacement.
Well, we all make less than great purchases on occasion. Hopefully the Honda will make up for the Toro in service life.

One good thing I suppose, as just about ALL gas here has ethanol content, the Honda Owner's Manual says it is permissible to use fuel with <10% ethanol. I'll refrain from using ethanol gas whenever possible but it is good to know at least Honda acknowledges it's out there and has engineered its product to compensate for less than optimum fuel.

Last edited:
$mymower.jpgYes I agreed- get a battery operated one - the Lawnatron Self propelled has been serving me well for last three years.with over 40 years of mowing with gas - no going back. best thing ever did for myself saving my back and money. This machine stripes the lawn nice and the battery can last for many years. heres the link http://www.greenyardkeeper.com/Cordless_Electric_Mower.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom