What's new

How old are you Bay Rum aficionado's?

I'm 26 and love Bay Rum, Old Spice, every Clubman scent, Tabac, Florida Water, ect. I'm actually a huge fan of scented aftershaves that don't smell synthetic. One of these days I'll take a picture of my horde.

I'm 38 and I LOVE the scent of Bay Rum. My favorite is Pinaud Bay Rum, but I mix it with Ogallala Bay Rum. Haven't yet tried Captain's Choice, but am quite eager to.
Pinaud makes a great Whiskey chaser!

39 and I'm diggin' it. Mostly I use Captain's Choice but would love to try others particualrly Ogallala.

59 years young! My older brother (RIP) was an Old Spice guy as far back as I can remember (1950's & 60's). He always smelled good and had the hottest looking girlfriends! He left some OS behind. In my early teens, even before I started shaving, I would splash on a little OS on, but I could never score the cuties that he did!

When I was 20-something I got set up with a blind date. I splashed some OS on, had the date, moved in with her 3 weeks later, & just celebrated our 36th anniversary! I have a small stash of Brut, Aqua Velva, Cigar, and some Bay Rums, but I always go back to the Old Spice!

~Frank

37 Also in the boat of never heard of it. My dad wore Brut, my dad-in-law must've worn Brut cause my wife never even let me try it due to the old man scent. I tried Col. Conk Bay Rum shave soap, loved it. Trying Master's Bay Rum as my first AS and intend to give the Captain a sail at some point.

Not sure if my wife likes it or tolerates it, but in 20 years she won't know any different.

44 and I'd take Dominica bay Run as a first choice, though I have to say I've liked every one I've tried.

I have a feeling I would have liked the scent even as a much younger man, but that's a tough thing to say with certainty.

Old men have been known to make and do some very cool things.

I was 29 (2 years ago) when I first smelled Bay Rum. At first, I thought it was Ho-hum, not bad, not good, but the more I smelled it the more I liked it, so I'm now a big fan. My favorite is a basic bay rum, Dominica.

A lot of popular people loved Bay Rum - Samuel Clemmins, Ernest Hemmingway, Sinatra, etc.
I've read that women like natural scents too rather than chemical concoctions.

I've actually found as a man that I like natural scents better too after discovering WM Neumann aftershaves.

Top Bottom