What's new

New member introduction

After lurking for a couple of weeks, I just joined as a member.

You have an amazing wealth of knowledge here.

BBC since 2004, and after a trek down the Mach III road, have been looking for a closer shave for my face. I took the plunge a week ago, and bought a 1963 Gillette I1 off Ebay as my first DE razor. 1963 was significant to me, because it is my birth year. Received the razor over the weekend...very cool.

So I have my new-to-me Gillette DE razor and need some DE blades.

Went to Walgreens -- 5.49 for a pack of 10, and I knew nothing about 'em. Figured that was a little high for a product that looked generic in nature. Maybe it is, maybe it's not...but no brand name really, and wasn't sure of the quality.

Where should I go to get DE blades, and what should I look for? Ebay? I've read a little about different kinds of blades, but need a little direction. What should I expect to pay? Should I try a couple of different blades to see what is best for my face?

After reading the threads here, if someone would be able to put together a small reasonably-priced assortment for this newbie, so I could give a handful of blades a try, I'd gladly pay you. I don't want to take the plunge into 10 of the same, until I find what I like.

Thanks.

Top Bottom