What's new

Which is the most beautiful DE razor?

A major part of the appeal of DE razors, for me at least, is the aesthetics; the design, materials, craftsmanship, feel and look of quality. They may be workhorses and built for years of daily use, but some are downright gorgeous.

So, which razors do you consider the most exquisite and please post some pics.

BTW. The not so hidden agenda is that although I have only seven DE razors, I'm not looking to add any more run-of-the-mill ones but would rather take my time and spend my money on those stunning designs that I am sure are out there.

Cheers

Jeremy

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I am driving now and out of town all week so can not post some pictures but to me the top lookers are any of the gold new styles like the one Jim posted, Gold or SIlver 66 and last but not least the British Orginal mid 30's Bulldog Aristocrat thin handle flat plate glistens like a jewel. I will go back in my score pictures and see if I can find my pictures.

Wow, this Darwin DE razor is beautiful! I vote for it

From the more available razors it's rhodium plated mid-30s comb British Aristo with barber pole handle

Definitely a matter of opinion. I would probably agree with the heavy barber-pole handle open comb rhodium plated 30's Aristocrat. (Like the gold one above, but silver in color. Anyone have a picture laying around?)

That, or the #16.

Or the Silver Bostonian type.

Or the New Big Boy. (I do wish it was Silver, though.)
proxy.php

-Mo

You know you don't need to send me a cheque. That razor will do just fine (j/k).

Ah!, but I'm being buried with it firmly clamped in my cold stiff fingers. However: bless you my child for your kind comments; it is the pride and joy of my rather thin collection, I don't suppose I'll ever get my hands on an English Aristocrat, they keep getting snapped up by those pesky colonials. :cursing: :biggrin:
John.

Top Bottom