What's new

where to buy in the Detroit area??

I have decided to give DE safety razors a try, and am wondering if anyone can point me to stores in the Detroit area that carry them? Thanks

There are a couple of options, but keep in mind the markup on DE razors will be quite high in an actual retail store you can walk into vs. an online store.

Maison-Edwards Tobacconist

11 Nickels Arcade, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 - Telephone: 734-662-4145

The Art of Shaving Store
inside the Sommerset Collection in Troy.

2801 West Big Beaver Road, Suite K240
Troy, MI 48084
(248) 649-5872

Here is a thread with some more resources, and local places that might carry products (some of the info could be outdated):

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/USA_Ann_Arbor-Detroit_MI

Last edited:
P.S. If you do go to The Art of Shaving Store, absolutely don't pay $12 for 10 Merkur DE blades!! Most people find the Merkur blades to be horrific, and besides blades should only cost about .20 cents each, not over a $1 each!!

ZMC Pharmacy on Main Street in Royal Oak has some wet shaving products as well (last I checked, lots of Proraso - not sure about actual razors).

When I was in the Detroit area I saw DEs for sale at a local upscale supermarket chain called Plum Market, but curiously they didn't have any blades. At Wal Mart you can get a 10 pack of blades for under $2, at Kroger you can get a 10-pack for a little more than $2. For B&M shaving cream you can't beat the tube of Bigelow-Branded Proraso available at any national Bath & Bodyworks. Some drugstores or places like Meijer have boar brushes for about $5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom