What's new

Cobra Classic INTERNATIONAL Tour

Hi guys

So I am now on my third shave the with Cobra , using the Kai blade. I am really pleased with the razor. I don't have the vocabulary to make a good review, but at least I can now compare it to my favorite razor , the Feather Artist club SS . For me the feather is still N°1 . I prefer the lightweight , and the fact that you can adjust the angle in a wide range , while the Cobra is pretty much on "auto pilot" , like injectors are.
Otherwise it delivers a smooth shave with zero irritation.
The package will leave France to Chile this Wednesday. Have fun !
$cobra.jpg

@ Tordu: Merci for sharing your feedback on shaving with the Cobra. I am most certainly looking forward to try this razor and I hope it will be while we are still in SEptember...

The Cobra arrived last night... wow, just wow. That thing is a beauty!!!
Pics and the first shave review tomorrow!

I couldn't wait and finish my shave a couple of minutes ago.
This razor is something!
Hot shower, Vulfix 404 Grosnevor and Cella for face lather and some rich, slick and dense lather.
3 passes: WTG, XTW (mouth to ear) and XTG (ear to mouth). DFS to BBS irritation free, no nicks or cuts, no weepers, no burn. After the shave I use my alum block: no burn at all.
The feel of the razor is amazing: the weight and the design. The Feather blade is really smooth.
$2012-09-23 16.27.41.jpg

I think I need to save some money to get one of this for my den!

Gents, I am happy to announce that the Cobra has successfully crossed the Pacific and has arrived safe and sound in Singapore last week. I was away on a Business trip and only got back on the weekend, so will be taking her for a spin over this coming 6-7 days. In fact, I had my first shave with the Cobra yesterday, loaded with the Feather Professional blade. One word: WOW!

But first, a few pictures taken on the day of 'unpacking' so that poonjaji knows his beautiful SE is still in good shape ;-)
$IMG-20121102-00013.jpg$IMG-20121102-00014.jpg

The first shave yesterday was with about 30-hours-old stubble, which is when mine is as wiry as it gets.
After a face wash, I lathered up with the Calani Simply Soap stick and my Muehle Travel Shave Brush in Nickel. Then I proceeded to load up the aforementioned Feather Professional and off I went. Just nice! The width of the razor head did not pause any problems, it made in fact for very efficient stubble removal. 2 nice passes later I was as well shaven as I usually am with my preferred DE razor+blade combo. Am looking forward to the remaining shaves this week.
$DSCF4834.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2 with The Cobra Classic:

View attachment 283769

Musgo Real pre-shave oil; the Calani Purissima shave soap face lathered by use of my Mühle Basic Nr. 02 shave brush, Silver Tip Fibre. The Cobra Classic was still loaded with that Feather Professional Injector blade on Day 2 as well. Post-shave treatment was first the Bloc Osma alum, followed by Musgo Real Classic after shave.

Beautiful. I could get used to this razor...

And on goes my Cobra Adventure:

Today I kept it paired with the Feather Professional blade and in supporting roles were the Semogue #1305 w/ Calani Dubai ss, Musgo pre- and Harris post-shave treatments. Just great. I seriously consider getting myself one of these beautiful razors....

View attachment 284017

Day 4 of Cobra shaving. Today's cutting edge was delivered by the KAI Captain Titan Mild blade (1.), I plan on using it until Friday or Saturday. I stuck with the Musgo pre-shave treatment and the Calani Dubai shave soap, the latter being face-lathered with my Muehle Basic #2 shave brush. Post-shave treatment was provided by the Bloc Osma alum followed by the D.R. Harris Marlborough AS.

No photograph today, I'm afraid..

Jeff,
Good to hear you are liking the Cobra so far. It is quite the looker huh?

I am part of the North America tour and mine is due in today. I am anxiously awaiting the mailman. :biggrin1:

Jeff

Hey Jeff

Oh yeah, it is a most stunning looker, you got that right :drool:

You'll like it, I am sure. I thoroughly enjoyed my shaves this week and I am looking forward to reading your first impression and following reports in the thread of your Tour ;-)

And my fifth shave with the Cobra Classic; very simplistic and straightforward:

$DSCF4837.jpg

Martin de Candre scented shave soap, face lathered with the Semogue #1305, the Cobra loaded with the KAI Mild blade for 2 passes and finished off with the Logona Mann after shave. Not bad, although I definitely prefer the Feather blades. The difference between the 2 blades is quite noticeable, I find and the sharper Feather suits me more.

The Cobra's sixth day in Action - Following advice given to me on the Cobra's NA Tour, I gave the KAI blade another opportunity this morning (it was the 3rd shave for this blade) and I really focused on maintaining the angle I thought was right and which I find to be slightly different from the angle I used with the Feather blade loaded (maybe it's not the case but that's how it feels to me). And what a difference that made. The KAI delivered its best shave yet this morning. I would not go as far as saying it is on par or better than the Feather Professional (I know, I am biaised :biggrin1:) but it was close and definitely a big improvement over the past 2 days shaving with this same blade.

The shave ritual was composed by Calani 'Simply Soap' shave stick, obviously face lathered by means of the Semogue #1305 before 2 very comfortable passes with the above-mentioned hardware and finished off with Blos Osma's alum and Musgo's Classic Scent AS. Just beautiful!

Since The Tour hasn't progressed much in the past few days, I was able to still enjoy shaving with this gorgeous razor, today's ritual actually rounded up the full Dozen (had a few shave-free days as well as one DE-day in-between). By now, my hands are totally used to the shape and size of the handle, the motions are in cruise control. The Feather's perform beautifully well, however I think I will load another KAI next week and get a second opinion on those.

Top Bottom