What's new

UK Beginner

I'm looking for advice on where I can buy a razor suitable for a beginner in the UK, preferably from an online source. I know Merkur HD is recommended, are there any good UK sources?

Welcome calexs. I'm new also. Try Kyle's shopping links under 'the Marketplace'. I have found this to be an excellent resource. There are a few UK suppliers listed.

i gut my sampler pack from this place,

they have merkur at a good price and a good blade sampler pack,

Thanks for all the help.

I use the Basenotes forums regularly and am really into fragrance, but am clueless about shaving in general.

I usually use a Gilett Mach 3 turbo (which is probably sacrilege around here!:redface: ) but it's really expensive to keep buying the cartridges, and I do get a few ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Reading a little around here suggests these razors might be the problem.

I started using Trumpers Violet and Sandalwood shaving creams recently and have had much better shaves than normal, but now I'm interested in going all the way!

I do hope this isn't going to be as expensive as my fragrance obsession has become! :eek:

[/QUOTE]I do hope this isn't going to be as expensive as my fragrance obsession has become! :eek:[/QUOTE]

ermmmmmm !!!!!!!! abandon hope :laugh:

i gut my sampler pack from this place,
edit

they have merkur at a good price and a good blade sampler pack,
I'll second this. I found these guys have great prices and they're quick with delivery too (I'm in Ireland and they only took 4 days). Post and Packaging charges are cheap too, in comparison with other places in the UK that I found. i.e. other places might have a cheaper razor, but with P&P would work out more expensive for me. They have most of the Merkurs, a few Parkers, and a Feather.
I got one of their sample packs before they upgraded their offers. They look even better value now I think.

Also, calexs, check the "Shaving Mall - Buy/Sell/Trade" forum here.

Calexs - you could do a lot worse than the HD that Barbelus Maximus is selling. I bought a Merkur Progress from him yesterday and his stuff really is in very nice condition. The HD looked "as new", well worth his asking price.

That'll be just the 10% commission please Paul.:wink2:

Calexs - you could do a lot worse than the HD that Barbelus Maximus is selling. I bought a Merkur Progress from him yesterday and his stuff really is in very nice condition. The HD looked "as new", well worth his asking price.

That'll be just the 10% commission please Paul.:wink2:

Hey Dave

He's already booked it! Thanks though. Buy you a pint at the Village!

barbershops classics in holland is nice, but shipping will be cheaper going to edit, they have the feather popular for 9,90 with free shipping in the UK, im just unsure if its a good razor for a biggener,

Top Bottom