What's new

AOS lemon?

Hi guys...I have been using AOS unscented in my rotation and I really like it (except that it is unscented!) - it performs really well.

I am wondering if anyone has had personal experience with the lemon variety?

The Lavender is top notch...Sandalwood is excellent...Lemon is very good as well. If you enjoy Lemon scents I would definitely pick up a tub.

I have the Sandalwood and Lemon AOS creams and think both are superb, thugh my experiece is rather limited.

To me, the lemon version really pops when you open and use it, the sandalwood is a little more subdued, but not in a bad way, imho.

I guess this is another YMMV. The Lemon AOS in the Decant Club was from me actually (it's HERE) as it just did nothing for me. NOt a bad scent, but I prefer salter citrus. Might want to try a sample of it, before investing in a tub. :smile:

9.25 doesn't sound too bad to me.

P1010075.JPG

Gents,
This is the first tube of AOS I have had the pleasure of trying - and I must say, I was quite surprised. The first thing I noticed was the lid/tub. It is the best built tub of any high end shaving cream I have used - as unlike the 3 T's, and others, it has a very positive opening/closing action, and a great feel/look.

P1010076.JPG

When you twist off the lid of the jar, you are immediatly greeted with a "lemon merengue" like scent of delicious lemon. The cream seems to be "airy" similar to salters cream - it certainly is not as dense as Taylor, Trumper, or Truefitt & Hill.

Pics AOS Lemon being lathered with a Shavemac XXL Silvertip...

P1010077.JPG

P1010078.JPG

5 Swirls in the bowl....
P1010079.JPG

15 swirls.....
P1010080.JPG

25 swirls.....
P1010081.JPG

As you can see - this huge brush is LOADED full of lather.

I was quite impressed with this shaving cream, and I felt it was every bit as good as salter, trumpers, and T&H, but felt taylors is a bit more lubricic. I would HIGHLY recommend the lemon scent, especially if you like Salter Citrius, as it is quite similar to salter citrius.

Numbers...
Scent 10
Lubrication 8.5
Packaging 10
Ease of use 9
Shave Quality 9
Comfort 9

Overall an impressive 9.25 - MIGHTY impressive stuff.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hi guys...I have been using AOS unscented in my rotation and I really like it (except that it is unscented!) - it performs really well.

I am wondering if anyone has had personal experience with the lemon variety?

Not only did I like it, I could hardly keep my wife away from it as well. It went fast with two of us using it.

Love the lemon lime. If you can get it hot enough it smells like your shaving with lemonade:biggrin:

i do want to try the sandlewood though

I personally like the lemon smell better than their other offerings but that is based only on opening them and smelling them. I only have the lemon one at home to try. Also, I'm still not convinced that I like it better than my Tabac or Proraso when actually shaving but the smell beats both

My father's favorite quote.... "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." -Emerson. :wink:

Anyway, I have it it, and am not nuts. The lemon scent is fine, but not that exciting for me, I like most of the limes I've tried better. And, yes, Salter Citrus. On the other hand, I also was not crazy about the performance, which should not be an issue for you, since you were very satisfied with the unscented. I'd ask for a sample for AOS. :biggrin: Life is too short to shave with unscented cream....

-Mo

I tried AOS Lemon about 2 years ago. At that time it did nothing for me. I bought it again a few months ago and really like it.

The only two AOS creams I have are Sandalwood and Lemon (plus a couple of unscented samples.) They all perform well for my tastes.

SWMBO really likes the lemon. I find its scent to be somewhat subdued and not as intense as expected. When I opened it up, I had expected a citrus blast. Instead, it was just kind of "there" with a bit of citrus. Not bad, just unexpected.

j.

performs well, and even though I love lime and citrus scents, I didn't care for this aroma. if I were to buy an AOS cream now, I'd get the sandalwood. For me, it's the best.

Top Bottom