What's new

Razor Rack

I use a modified vintage test tube rack.

Attachments

• $IMG_1633[1].jpg
    $IMG_1633[1].jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 270
  • $il_75x75_263246756.jpg
    $il_75x75_263246756.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 272
Here is a small pipe rack that works perfect for a small den. The tobacco jar space works great for a mug or a tub of soap!

proxy.php

Here is a small pipe rack that works perfect for a small den. The tobacco jar space works great for a mug or a tub of soap!

proxy.php
THis is exactly what I am looking for, hope I can find one! If anyone has any suggestions where I may find one please do not be shy!

I have 3 razors, so I drilled 3 holes in a row in my medicine cabinet. When I get another razor, will add another hole. Works for me and is FREE!!!

THis is exactly what I am looking for, hope I can find one! If anyone has any suggestions where I may find one please do not be shy!

you may want to try Etsy, as they tend to have items like this available from time to time.

Check antique stores, thrift stores, and goodwill. Mine came from an antique store for about $4.

:001_tt1:I am looking forward to my new baby...It still needs two more coats of polyurethane, but I will have it delivered to me on Saturday! Oh I can't wait!
room for 5 razors and two brushes plus plenty of software!
:001_tt1:
$Rose.jpg

Wood test tube rack at Amazon (they have several - here's just a couple):

http://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Test-Tube-Rack-place/dp/B0017UETEU
http://www.amazon.com/TEST-TUBE-SUP...345509732&sr=1-4&keywords=test+tube+rack+wood

I was in a store recently, and walked by a jewelry cabinet. As I looked at it I realized its drawers had sections just about the right size for a DE razor, and some more storage in larger drawers towards the bottom - creams, etc. Depending on how big you think your "collection" will grow, could be another option.

After a month of DE shaving, I am DOWN to 5 razors (I've actually owned 12 to date but pruned/downsized). 3 Birth quarter slims, a fatboy and I'm waiting on a Merkur 34HD from BST.

Personally... I think the razor racks are storing the razor UPSIDE DOWN. Particularly for TTO razors. It makes no sense to me that after use the razor gets stored head up so the water/soap scum can drain into the TTO/Adjust mechanism. IMO it should drain through the silo doors and away from any threaded and spring loaded parts. Additionally, I'd rather have the handle sticking up so it's easier to pick up the razor to use. So I have been looking for rack substitute that I can rest the razor on with the door closed but slightly loose.

This is an old seup. The pipe rack is now at least half filled with straights. The top of the pipe rack was supposed to be for the humidor, but it works nicely for a shave bowl or a bunch of brushes.

proxy.php

Last edited:
This is how I keep mine at hand. Seven razors locked & loaded. One in a Col. Conk stand and the other six in the rack I built.

$DSC03710.jpg

Top Bottom