What's new

Silvertip, or stick to Best?

Hi all,

Need some knot advice. After a recent brush restore I've fallen deeply in like with the Best Badger knots from TGN (So soft and scrubby they are.) Now i've got 4 more handles waiting for knots and I'm wanting to try Silvertip from the Whipped Dog. I've heard silvertip is softer than Finest. I have one brush with a finest knot in it and I avoid it like the plague now, its too rough on my face. So I am not a fan of the Finest at all.

Having said that, Should i try Silvertip, or stick with the soft and wonderful Best Badger?

Thanks for the replies guys. Have a good one.

The silvertips from Whipped Dog will not have the scrubby feel you enjoy from the best badgers. But for the price it won't cost much to find out if they are to your liking.

True, although i'd hate to buy it and then put it in a knot just to drill it out again later. Thats the only hassle I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks for the reply Froggy.

My Silvertip is softer than my finest. I like them but I am finding that I like the scritch of vintage pure badger so I might try out a best or a pure from TGN.

I for one love the WD silvertip badger I own - it's my most luxurious brush I own - dense and soft, it's almost like putting on my lather with a roll-on type feel. The only thing softer I own is a vintage badger. BUT, if scrubby is what you're after, this ain't it.

Worse come to worse, buy the WD silvertip badger and try it - worse come to worse you can sell if off on the BST and find another handle to put another knot into more to your liking.

I for one love the WD silvertip badger I own - it's my most luxurious brush I own - dense and soft, it's almost like putting on my lather with a roll-on type feel. The only thing softer I own is a vintage badger. BUT, if scrubby is what you're after, this ain't it.

Worse come to worse, buy the WD silvertip badger and try it - worse come to worse you can sell if off on the BST and find another handle to put another knot into more to your liking.

Okay thanks for the note. I think im gonna stick to Best! Thanks guys!

+1 if scritchy's what your lookin for WD Silvertip aint it.

Top Bottom