What's new

Just got my Muhle silvertip fibre Brush--

Hey to all.
Just received my Muhle Synthetic fibre silvertip brush and this thing is awesome.
Got the 23mm knot in black(33 k 256)
I put it to the test right away with a Sea Buckthorn soap also from Muhle that i received at the same time.
I had never used a hard soap before,always a cream,so this was a first for me also.
I will do a review on the soap at a later time.
The brush comes in a nice tubular packaging which is a hard cardboard material that can be also used as a travel container for the brush.
$DSC00075.jpg
The brush has backbone so it is great to create a lather with soaps with just a few swirls.
I am not too much of a fan of face lathering so after a few swirls went to my shaving bowl and created a nice thick lather for about a good 4 to 5 passes of lather.
As i previously said i enjoy painting the lather on my face and this brush is amazing for that task.
The ends are so soft on this thing,you just feel like painting your face all day.
The Muhle holds great amount of water but it dries up so easy also.
So easy to clean.
$DSC00072.jpg$DSC00073.jpg$DSC00074.jpg
Have a great shave to all.

I love my 23mm! It's been touring the country with my pass around, but it's due home in a week or two. Until then, I have my new Mühle 25mm, but I'm anxious to try a shoot-out between the two. I still think I like the 23mm best of all.

I'm glad you enjoy yours!

I have the Basic II black fibre with the white handle. It very quickly became my go to brush. Might even sell a few of the others (apart from my Shavemac!)

Gareth

I have the 21mm version and really like it. Between the Muhle silvertip fibre brush and my Semogues, my SBAD may be under control.

What is the backbone like on these synthetics?

Much better than the Omega synthetic I tried recently. The Omega was far too floppy but this Muhle silvertip fibre feels very much like a badger to me. I've only ever tried these two synthetics, however, so my experience is pretty limited with this type of brush.

I have the 21mm SF (Stylo Thuja design) and the 25 mm SF (Classic Ivory handle) on order - hope I don't think I'll also need the 123 mm SF to complete my collection :biggrin1:

Top Bottom