What's new

Astra super platinum > Derby?

For me, Astra SP blades are better (sharper, smoother) than Derby blades. Derby feels about as sharp as the Dorco ST-301, but the Dorco is much smoother for me.

I got a hold of some Astras through the never ending PIF thread, after three shaves with them, I can tell they are not for me. They just don't cut my wiskers. It is really crazy, almost like I was shaving without a blade. I even tried dialing up the Slim a few notches and it didn't help. I actually had to switch blades before I was done shaving. So, for me, Derbys are better, but of course YMMV

i jjust tried a derby on my DE89L , i thought it was a perfect shave, i also have Atra sp on my R41, very sharp aggressive, but find no faults with either blade

I happen to like Derbys, I also shave with Dorco St301's. I do have some astras on the way though.
i had no issues with Derby's either, and i am on my first Astra------derby's are very controversial , either one hates them or loves them- i shaved one side and felt like it did not shave anything, but i felt and the stubbs were gone, actually very smooth

Last edited:
I found Astras to be a bit sharper and smoother that Derby's as well. The Derby's weren't bad though. Just a little bit of tug. It seemed like I had to force it a bit sometimes to get it going, but at least it didn't irritate my skin.

Top Bottom