What's new

Americas Finest...bar none

In the 1960's I wore Stacy-Adams shoes every day I was not working.At that time the quality was still excellent,but not superb.By the end of the 70's they were a remnant of what they were in the 40's and 50's.Today they are pretty much a garbage shoe.Many today,especially younger guys,believe Allen-Edmunds or Churches to be the best shoe around,and today that might be true.Check out the finest money could buy ,once upon a time,unsurpassed quality by Americas finest shoe craftsmen....http://www.classicshoesformen.com/s...lorsheim-double-sewn-welt-6-eyelet-oxford445d

Attachments

• $Vintage%20Pre-War%20Hand-Sewn%20Florsheim%20Oxford%2011D%20(6).jpg
    $Vintage%20Pre-War%20Hand-Sewn%20Florsheim%20Oxford%2011D%20(6).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Those are some smok'n shoes. Just goes to show that nothing looks like nicely polished shoes. I miss the russet color.

In my teens and 20's, I was not wearing dress shoes often, but would buy cheap dress shoes at Thom McCan that lasted for ever and by today's standards had pretty good real full-grain leather that if polished lasted for years. When the soles and heels wore out, I simply brought them to a cobbler (who's still in business), who would stitch on a new one. As a bonus he would polish the shoes and dress the heels.

It's not lost on me that in our present "green age" that we no longer use livestock hides locally to make shoes, belts and baseball gloves. Living in eastern Massachusetts and being old enough to know people who worked in local leather tanneries and shoe factories.

Just another example of a once proud brand that is now junk. As a 29 year old, I am often surprised to find out brands I consider bottom shelf were once respected for quality. This is one of them.

I agree with the vintage assessment. I've got vintage Johnston and Murphy shoes that rival modern AE and even some Ferregamo's I have.
My dad loved his Stacy Adams in the 60's and agrees that they're pretty much s#$* nowadays.

I didn't know these used to be the bee's knees. I have a pair of new British made Doc Martens that I absolutely love. I also have a pair of New Balance shoes made in America, I love them.